Author Topic: Irene (March 2009)  (Read 768 times)

Offline Dinah

Irene (March 2009)
« on: April 05, 2010, 08:04:01 PM »
Hi.  Have just found this site and realised Irene from Many Tears was commenented on last year.  I was the lucky person to adopt her.  Her progress is now on the Many Tears Happy Endings page.  She's now called Daisy - and is a beauty.  Thank you for caring about her.  Once I get the hang of how to use this site I'll send some pics!

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
Re: Irene (March 2009)
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 09:18:24 PM »
Welcome to COL - so lovely to know that Daisy has found a wonderful forever home with you  :luv:  Look forward to hearing updates and seeing photo's of her  :D
helen & jarvis x

Offline bajoleth

• My Beautiful Belle.
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 09:30:48 PM »
Well done on rescuing Daisy ;) Would love to see some pics :luv:, now you have found us you should stick around, COL is a great community to be part of ;)
Jo, Belle and Monty

Offline hollyd443

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 10:10:48 PM »
 :clapping: Brilliant news about Daisy (love that name!), so pleased she's settled in to a lovely life with you  :luv:

Hope you don't mind but I've copied across the details from MT so everyone can see her and read her lovely story :)

Daisy (Irene) came to live with us a year ago.  She was a 'character' from the start.  She howled all the way home from Many Tears (5 hours)and when she got home went straight through the catflap and chased the chickens.  Hens quickly had a des.res. enclosure  - which she'll now walk into taking no notice of the hens at all!  On the lead she'd walk in circles rather than a straight line, and look in quite the opposite direction when called.  Also she had a couple of fits, and some of her fur fell out.  What a difference a year makes:  She's just had her first 'cocker haircut' and looks great- 'though I can't get a decent photo of it because she never stays still long enough.  She's learnt so much from my other dog and at night when they both sit infront of the fire she looks at him and arranges her body in exactly the same position as his.  She's just finishing her second set of training lessons and will soon start agility. I still have to be careful where I let her off the lead but she runs free every day and more often than not comes home covered in mud. In short, she is a beauty and we love her to bits.
Thank you Many Tears

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 01:38:43 AM »
 ;) Hi and welcome to COL it's lovely to hear Daisy's  story again and catch up with her progress with her new family, she sounds and looks gorgeous  :luv:

I also have a MT dog,, Barnaby age 7 ( he was Wez when at MT.) I got him last September and he's been fantastic, I also have Flo who I got from a breeder when she was nearly 3,  4 years ago   :D

Looking forward to more pics of Daisy asap.

Jann  :luv:

Offline Dinah

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 10:25:05 AM »
Hi.  Thanks for the welcome.  It's taking me a while to work out the site!  I'm still trying to post some pics of Daisy and her cocker housemate Gatsby but will keep trying.