Author Topic: Help whats a spam folder ?????  (Read 1166 times)

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
Help whats a spam folder ?????
« on: June 02, 2010, 10:02:37 PM »
Just wonder if anyone can tell me what the spam folder is  ph34r  last time I had spam my mum made it into fritters (that gives my age away :005:)

I switched energy providers with SimplySwitch a few months ago and they were supposed to send a voucher for Amazon for doing that.  I have chased them up and they say they sent it to me but I should check my spam folder as sometimes they get sent there.

Well I haven't got a clue where to look  :embarassed: so any help would be appreciated
thank you

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
Re: Help whats a spam folder ?????
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 10:05:36 PM »
In your e mail you should have inbox, sent items etc, you should also have another box for "junk mail" or "spam". Items which your e mail thinks are junk may automatically go in here rather than straight into your inbox.

Who is your provider? :D

Offline PennyB

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 03:49:30 PM »
some ISPs also delete files in the spam folder automatically after 30 days (virgin does)
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 08:08:35 PM »
Hi thanks for your replies
 my provider is talktalk.

In your e mail you should have inbox, sent items etc, you should also have another box for "junk mail" or "spam". Items

I've looked at the bit that says inbox, outbox, sent items etc but can't see junk or spam. 
Simply Switch are saying it was sent about 2 weeks ago so hopefully should be there if I can ever find the folder....... :lol2:

Offline Sue E

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 08:42:28 PM »
Is there an option that says folders that can be expanded?  Spam folder may be under that.
Some providers don't have a spam option, but if you map your email onto something like Outlook then you will get Spam facilities.    The talk talk website should tell you how to do this.

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 08:50:26 PM »
thank you
I will give it a go  :D

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 09:08:56 AM »
I've looked at the bit that says inbox, outbox, sent items etc but can't see junk or spam. 
Simply Switch are saying it was sent about 2 weeks ago so hopefully should be there if I can ever find the folder....... :lol2:

Are you checking your own email program (Outlook Express, Live Mail etc) or are you logging on to webmail via your ISP's site? If the former, you may need to log on webmail to find your spam folder - that's what I have to do with Virgin anyway.

Jane

Offline vixen

• Stevie and Marley
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 09:32:42 AM »
What email address did you give to Simply Switch?
I am also on talktalk but seldom use their email service.
If you DO use talktalk as your main email and have given this address, there is a special spam folder on the left hand side - just above trash.
If you use another provider for your email they should also have a special junk/spam folder.
It just depends on what email address you provided to Simply Switch.  ;)
Max (GSP)  always in my heart