Author Topic: Healthy pets renewal  (Read 3245 times)

Offline Crazy Cocker Gang

• Donator
  • Jack, Flynn, Brie and baby seth xx
Healthy pets renewal
« on: July 01, 2010, 12:06:15 PM »
Just got my renewal through and they are increasing my premium by £55 A MONTH and increased my excess  >:(

But what really annoyed me is from when Amber hits 5 next year they want £75 plus 25% of the claim  >:D

I think Amber, Brie and my cat Bella will be moving insurance companys, im stuck with healthy pets for Flynn, Jack and my other cat barney.

When I took out insurance for Seth with HP it was £16mth for their gold cover but they are wanting a average of £25 per DOG a MONTH and £15 per cat a month for the others renewal bringing it to £130 a month :o

Offline Mybuddies

Re: Healthy pets renewal
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 12:14:55 PM »

Yes I walked from this company because I did not agree with the 25% policy, they did increase the premium too but nowhere near as much as yours, 

think a lot of these companies are introducing the "percentage of claim" clause, I spoke to a lady yesterday who has to pay 35% >:(,  I think that is an awful lot and I vote with my feet ;)

Offline JeffandAnnie

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 12:16:45 PM »
 :o Might as well not be insured at all  >:(

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 12:32:26 PM »
I'm with HP, but those prices are rediculous - I've just added Ellie to ours (They're all on Silver) and the cost for all 4 dogs is £32.87 a month (not each - I do have a £120 excess through choice though). 

What do they base the excess on for Amber (is it age) - seems a bit OTT - I had a similar policy with More Than with my first cocker, except it was £70 and 15% of the claim, ended up costing me over £600 when I had to put in a claim, so that type of policy isn't worth having, and have avoided any like that since.

Will be checking the policy when it comes through, because if it has a percentage excess I'll also be moving.

:o Might as well not be insured at all  >:(

Very true, even worse if you've already made a claim, almost gives them licence to charge what they want.

Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 12:38:58 PM »
I have decided to move all except Barney over to sainsburys who are offering 12mths for the price of 9. Same level of cover and underwritten by axa but the quote for Brie was £9 per month then I get a 5% discount on the others. I will have a few things not covered but nothing major just probably Ambers allergic reaction and if jack ever starts passing blood again. Im going to set up a savings account and put the difference in premiums in there to cover those things.

Yes the 25% is now being applied to all dogs at 5  :o

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 05:35:23 PM »
well sainsburys are insuring all five dogs and my cat bella, £7500 per condition, lifelong cover and quite a few extras like complimentary treatments covered all for £56.90pm  :D

Offline Bluebell

• Limited Member
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2010, 07:10:43 AM »
I am with Healthy Paws for my cocker and Sainsburys for my vizsla :-\ With a new little pup arriving in a couple of weeks ,I think she will be insured with sainsburys - thanks for the tip :D

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2010, 07:53:49 AM »
....but don't be surprised if the same thing happens with Sainsbury's NEXT renewal - you get lured in for a cheap year then AXA hits you with a huge increase.  AXA seem to underwrite most of the policies and always pull you in with a very reasonably priced year and then it goes up.

I see this every year - happened with M&S with Jarvis and the increase was appalling, but I stayed with them and in the last 2 years the annual increase was around 20p a month.
helen & jarvis x

Offline emilyjw

• Site Member
  • However crap the day cocker kisses aren't far away
    • Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2010, 08:34:48 AM »
Jasmine and Hermes are both 7 and got the 25% costs, so I've moved them one to sainsburys and one to the post office. The premiums aren't much cheaper, but there isn't the additional 25% costs. I've left Bracken and the kittens for now as Bracken has one ongoing condition which may have come back so thought I'd see after a year.

All insurance just seems to be getting so expensive now...
Emily & the Jabracken fluffies - Bracken, Hermes and Jasminex

http://www.fourpawsanimalrescue.org.uk

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2010, 10:33:21 AM »
....but don't be surprised if the same thing happens with Sainsbury's NEXT renewal - you get lured in for a cheap year then AXA hits you with a huge increase.  AXA seem to underwrite most of the policies and always pull you in with a very reasonably priced year and then it goes up.

I see this every year - happened with M&S with Jarvis and the increase was appalling, but I stayed with them and in the last 2 years the annual increase was around 20p a month.

If it had gone up say £20pm i would of styed but to hike it up by £55 was just too much. I probably still would of stayed with them as I have been really happy with them if it wasnt for the 25% of the claim that was going to kick in with Amber. If I had stayed within two years I would of had five pets I was going to be paying the 25% premium on and I just cant afford that.

Im stuck with them for Barney and when he turns 5 if hes hospitalised again I could be looking at a big bill  :-\ last time he was in for eight nights on a drip and had two ops so it wasnt cheap

Offline fizzyntiffy

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2010, 07:46:44 PM »
We're with AXA and it only went up a couple of ££ last year. Have put in a claim this year for Tiffs dry eye so will see if it goes up in August.  Excess is still only £75 and no extra % of cost.

After dealing with my dobies illness I would never have a 'per condition' policy again, ever, lifetime or no.  Just in case.

Offline black taz

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2010, 12:16:42 PM »
i think one of the problems is that vets now use insured dogs/cats as a licence to print money, therefore the premium and excesses, etc., increase as more and more people claim (as is there right), but sometime i suspect vets go over the top when they know the dog is insured.

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2010, 12:55:18 PM »
Blurry hell!

I renewed with Healthy Pets a couple of months ago and my premium excess hasn't changed (£50)- it's about £25 a month for the two of them total and Normy was 5 in Feb this year and had a sizeable claim for her adder bite in March..... Dave is now 3yrs and never claimed...

It doesn't make sense???!?

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2010, 01:11:16 PM »
Blurry hell!

I renewed with Healthy Pets a couple of months ago and my premium excess hasn't changed (£50)- it's about £25 a month for the two of them total and Normy was 5 in Feb this year and had a sizeable claim for her adder bite in March..... Dave is now 3yrs and never claimed...

It doesn't make sense???!?

You must of been lucky and renewed before they changed there terms and conditions and priceys. To me 5 is an utterly ridiculous age to start charging a % of the claim.

Offline connel

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2010, 01:41:22 PM »
OMG that is ridiculous >:D

I've got mine insured with Healthy Pets - renewal is due in September - will start shopping around if it goes up by that amount.  Why can't they work like car insurance with a No Claims Bonus - been with them for over 5 years and never claimed.  I blame the Vets for the silly prices they charge - I know our Vets ask if the animal is insured and I swear you can see their eyes light up if the answer is Yes.  Jan is nearly 11 so I'd expect to pay a % for her but Finn and Tia are 7 and 6 respectively and to my mind they are not 'old' dogs.
Sue, Finn, Jan & Tia

NESSR - Scottish Co-ordinator