Author Topic: Please help - not sure if this is normal and at my wits end...  (Read 10031 times)

Offline 1sttimecockermum

• Donator
Re: Please help - not sure if this is normal and at my wits end...
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2010, 05:25:34 PM »
Having two show types I too didn't feel qualified to add much to your post, but I agree that you are being totally unselfish and brave in letting Daisy go to the right home.  When we got our first Cocker I didn't really understand the huge difference between working and show types and had we been pointed at a breeder that had workers maybe we would have ended up with a dog that was not right for our circumstances, Be kind to yourselves,  :-*
Owned by Dennis the Menace and Ruby Dooby Doo

Offline SusieY

« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2010, 05:55:22 PM »
I can only echo what everyone else has said.  A heartbreaking decision but one made in the best interests of Daisy.  Big  :bigarmhug: to you all.

Offline Sarah1985

« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2010, 06:05:46 PM »
Sounds like you reached a very difficult decision.

Please take comfort in the fact that you were very honest with yourself and did whats ultimately best for Daisy. You made a very brave selfless decision at an age when Daisys young enough to accept a new home.

Please dont let this put you off dog ownership forever. If and when your ready to try again remember the lessons you've learnt and Im sure theres a perfect dog out there for you if you want to try again

Good luck and please provide an update about Daisys new home

Offline sharonmansfield

• Donator
  • Bluebell and Jasmine
« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2010, 07:02:25 PM »
I have followed this thread but I am not qualified to comment never owning a working cocker. Its good that you were given lots of great advice to help you there are some lovely helpful people on here.
I kept thinking that you could make it work with Daisy but when I read that she was related to Nicolas girl I just knew then that it wasn't to be.
You are very brave to face up to the situation and to put Daissy needs first. My heart goes out to you as this decision has not been taken lightly.
You did what you could to make it work. I hope that Daisy finds a wonderful new home.
Sending you big hugs and lots of love Sharon xx
Cocker Spaniels are like chocolates you can never have just one!

Offline RachelA

« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2010, 08:53:10 PM »
Michelle,

I think everything has been said, but just wanted to add my support to you too.  I feel for you, this must be a very difficult time.  I just wish you and your family all the best - you have made the right decision.

Rachel

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2010, 09:01:30 PM »
will lock this thread now as it's run it's course.
helen & jarvis x