Author Topic: Update on Daisy  (Read 2144 times)

Offline mmeears

Update on Daisy
« on: August 31, 2010, 07:24:06 AM »
Hi everyone :bigarmhug:

I just wanted to let you all know that yesterday we took gorgeous little Daisy up to Nicola's (and Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe's!)  in Edinburgh. She made herself at home more or less straight away by weeing on the carpet, chasing the cat, stealing the toys and annoying Rodaidh :005:  She'll stay there for the next 2 weeks while Nicola assesses her and then we will take things from there. As you can imagine it was very upsetting but I can't think of anywhere else she would be happier (apart from with Crazy Cocker Gang :D).

Its very quiet in the house this morning but the children are keeping me occupied ::). I'm also taking a few tentative steps and enquiring about show cocker pups - we have so much love to give and my daughter is desperate to find one. I'm still a bit shellshocked by everything but think its the way forward.

Thanks again everyone for all your support and no doubt Nicola or I will keep you posted on how Daisy is doing :luv:

Michelle xx

Offline aliceandlouis

Re: Update on Daisy
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 07:28:46 AM »
 :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: to you and your family.
Huge support for you and those helping you and Daisy.

Offline Danni and Freya

• Freya
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 07:33:57 AM »
 :bigarmhug: to you all, i'm sure this is the best outcome for you all. Good luck in finding your perfect pup x

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 07:53:14 AM »
Sending tons of hugs from me too :bigarmhug:, it was an extremely difficult and heartbreaking decision to make and I really hope you find your beautiful show pup soon.  Lesley  :D :luv:
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline mlynnf50

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 08:39:17 AM »
Big hugs,          am sure you have made the right decision.

Offline Karma

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 08:44:32 AM »

Fantastic that Nicola has been able to help on this - at least you know that Daisy will find the absolutely perfect home!

I can understand how quiet your house must be feeling right now, and I'm sure the right little show pup is out there for you!  :luv:

:bigarmhug:
Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 08:46:09 AM »
Sounds like you have made the right decision for your family and for Daisy  :-\  I can't imagine how heartbreaking it must be but the right dog is out there waiting for you and when the time is right you will find each other and you will have the doggy member of your family that you want  ;)

Daisy is certainly with the right person to assess her needs and to find the very best home for her - well done Nic  :-*  I am sure Daisy will have a whale of a time in the meantime ::)  :005:
Julie and Watson

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 08:51:00 AM »
My thoughts are with you at such a difficult time.  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: 

You have made such a brave decision & put Daisy first.  She is in fantastic, experienced hands with Nicola.  :luv:

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline waggytails

• Millie and Hattie
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 08:53:55 AM »
My heart goes out to you and your family, it has been such a hard time for you all.  I also think it is great that Nicola and Jo and I'm sure others on this site have been able to help you and Daisy.
Mum to Hattie and Darcy

(Millie now forever playing on the beach,  RIP 06/03/2010)

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 10:34:41 AM »
I have to commend Michelle and her family again for putting Daisy first and making this incredibly hard decision. A nicer, more caring family you couldn't hope to meet and when they find the right puppy - which they will - it will be a very lucky little dog :luv:

Daisy is fine, she has been given a very good start and she's a very sweet pup :luv:  She's certainly making her presence felt, it's a bit like reliving Caoimhe's puppyhood again :005: I have absolutely no doubt that she is going to make a superb little working dog.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Online Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2010, 11:35:52 AM »
I think Daisy is a very lucky girl to have so many kind people around able and willing to help. It is never easy having to find a much loved dog a new home, but having given Daisy a great start I am sure she will be a credit to her new owner.

Best wishes to you all at this difficult period and I hope that in time you will find the dog you are hoping for.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Crazy Cocker Gang

• Donator
  • Jack, Flynn, Brie and baby seth xx
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2010, 12:34:05 PM »
I really do think you have a fantastic home to offer the right pup.

I sorry i couldnt do more to help but no way could I of coped with two of them  :lol:

I also sorry you were put in this situation and cant help but feeling I helped to create it by buying a pup from a breeder who put you in this position  :-\

I adore Seth so much but wouldnt of bought him had I known as I feel I have supported this breeder and contributed to possibly more familys being in the heartbreaking position you found yourself in.

Offline mmeears

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2010, 12:42:48 PM »
Jo, you helped me more than you will ever know! You listened to me crying over the phone and gave me lots of reassurance. I couldn't have got through this without you :-*

I'm sure everyone on here will agree with me that you have in no way contributed to this situation! If you hadn't bought Seth we would still have bought Daisy and still have been faced with the decision we made. Unfortunately, as we have all found out, there are some unscrupulous breeders out there who don't appear to care about the pups they sell on. I'm just so pleased that we got Daisy and not some other family who may have kept her but not given her the love and understanding she needs. It seems to me that too many working cockers are placed in rescue shelters when much of the damage has been done and it breaks my heart when I hear stories like those of your Amber and Cookie.

I think you need to give yourself a big hug - I know I will when I meet you :bigarmhug: xx

Offline Poppypuppy09

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2010, 12:57:47 PM »
Just wanted to give you a big  :bigarmhug:...you have been through a terrible time but I am sure there is a little "show" baby waiting for you out there  :luv: :luv: Good luck in your search  :luv:

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2010, 01:23:18 PM »
Big hugs from me too :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: It's brilliant that Nicola has been able to take her for a while, I'm really pleased for you all :luv: Although I can imagine Tilly may have had a thing or two to say about it :shades: :005:

I really think you've done the right thing :-* :-*

One more thing I would say is that, if I was you, I would wait until your little one is a bit older before getting another puppy. I've done it both ways around - my first cocker was a year old when I had my first baby and that was no trouble at all. When he died too early, I got another puppy thinking that as my son was good with dogs it wouldn't be a problem, my son was nearly 5 yrs at that point.. but even a show cocker puppy (that's grown into a sweet chilled out dog now) can be a pain in the wotsit that first year and as I mentioned before, I ended up having to keep them separate for most of a year. It wasn't a problem for me at that point, but I wouldn't like to try and manage it with a baby/toddler in the house...

I know your little girl is desperate for another dog and you all are too, but you will enjoy the puppy experience so much more and be able to train it so much better when you haven't got the huge demands of a baby/toddler and young child as well :luv:.

Good luck and I hope you get to relax a bit in the next few days :luv:

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x