Author Topic: Kongs- What to put inside.  (Read 749 times)

Offline Dubby

• Jasper
Kongs- What to put inside.
« on: September 19, 2010, 06:37:45 AM »
Hi

Can anyone tell me what cockers love as a treat in a kong. I used kibble bits but not tried anything else as i don't want to upset his tummy or give him anything that he shouldn't have. Jasper is 9 weeks old

Jaspers Dad

Offline Saffaroo

• Donator
  • both my girls safely at the bridge xx
Re: Kongs- What to put inside.
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 06:50:13 AM »
Hi there

There's lots of information on here about fillings for kongs - you will not be short of ideas.  Just do a search for 'kong fillings' and you'll get them. ;)

Dillon the Cavvie
Saffy dog 22.5.2000 - 4.12.2012
Shelley boo 25.3.2005 - 19.7.2011

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 07:32:26 AM »
If hes liable for an icky tummy, you could always just use the Kong Paste for puppies to start off with then experiment with other fillings.   :D

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 08:22:13 AM »
This should help - http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=72196.0

I use something soft like squeezy cheese or unsalted peanut butter or mashed banana and put some of that at the bottom of the kong, then some kibble, then some more soft food to plug the top. I usually freeze the kong so that it lasts longer.

Because Jasper is so young maybe try adding very, very small amounts of whatever filling you choose to his meals first to see if his tummy can cope. When Louis was very young I used the Kong Paste at first.

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 10:00:29 AM »
Yes, I done the same as elaine.e, Odie loves the challenge of trying to lick the filling out when it's frozen :005:  Keeps him occupied for ages  :D
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline Black Red + Yellow

• Inactive
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2010, 11:49:34 AM »
We used spreadcheese, chopped chicken and some of their kibble.....seemed to think it was delicious ;)

Offline mooching

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2010, 01:08:13 PM »
I bought the Kong Cheese for Puppies at the start, because it said it was fine for puppies' tums and also didn't need refrigerating (and is easy to dispense). It was expensive (about £4) but it has lasted all this time (Alfie is 5 months now) - though we do only tend to use it once or twice a week.