Author Topic: Puppy Rage!  (Read 4546 times)

Offline EmmaA

• Site Member
  • Eric
Re: Puppy Rage!
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2010, 01:02:09 PM »
Eric does the wall of death too  :005: Lucy doesn't though  :huh:
Eric has recently incorporated some new moves where he launches himself off the edge of the sofa onto my OH its hilarious  :005: he looks like a wrestler coming off the ropes  :005:

Offline Mittens

• Rock Steady Eddie
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2010, 01:07:58 PM »
My two do the wall of death too! Eddie used to grab at your trouser legs when he zoomed past (ripped a fair few holes in them if you didn't get out of the way quick enough) but now we have Ruby also, they try to 'outrun' each other while biting each other's ears and faces!  :005:
Tracey, Eddie and Ruby

Offline Jessie_Pup

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2010, 01:35:49 PM »

Jessie does this also we call it rocket bottom.   It is usually into the bushes out again mad dash round the garden, and she does a silly little growl and bark I just let her get on with it is play, oh and she is 6yrs old by the way :lol2:

Dylan would never dream of doing it, even when he had his sight, he used to look at her in disgust.

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2010, 01:49:16 PM »
Perfectly normal. We call it the wall of death or a funny 5.  :shades: :005: My pups and adults do it on occasion. On the gnashing. Dru was terrible for this when we first got him, but is way better now. The way I solved it is I ignored it. Turned away and sometimes stamped my foot gently which made him stop and then I would distract him with another toy and basically something he could gnash. He now carries a toy on his walks always and has grown out of gnashing so much. When they're pups there testing out their gnashers and then teething as well. Also just playing as thye're only babies. They basically need to learn what's acceptable, bless them, but please use positive reinforcement and consistency is the key. As others have said RAGE is something very different indeed and not something than can be trained out, but is also incredably rare.
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx

Offline Poppypuppy09

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2010, 01:52:14 PM »
Poppy does the full "wall of death" around the garden and through the house and sometimes manages to flip right over too  :005:

Offline Pip895

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2010, 03:00:22 PM »
Saffi at 13 months has a "frap" (wall of death) a few times a week - often out on a walk but occasionally inside. :005:  it used to be more frequent - a couple of times a day.

Offline Chris_J

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2010, 04:08:44 PM »
Took her out just now and she had another one when she spotted a huge pile of dry leaves in the park. Was so funny to watch her get into a total tizzy. Tongue soon came out the mouth though, followed by lots of panting!

Thanks for all the replies. Some of them have really made me smile!  :lol:

Offline Sheepscheeks

• Have to keep running or me feets will freeze!
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2010, 04:11:07 PM »
Yep, Freddie is another wall of death demon! Zooms around the downstairs, up on the furniture, woof, growl then zoom again. We just stand back and laugh. Once he has stopped he often sits down and has an expression on his face that makes me think he is thinking "Now what did I do that for?". I have never tried to stop him. It usually happens when he is wet from a bath or a walk.  ph34r :005:
Paula & Freddie x

Offline karenl

• Amber
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2010, 04:24:42 PM »
they do grow out of it and i know because mine did all the nipping and growling and i posted about it many times thinking like you was it the dreaded rage word ! i was at the end of my tether , ignoring helped but then Amber would nip when our backs were turned , time out helped behind the stairgate, but honestly they grow out of it ! Amber is 15 months now and although still does the wall of death its not so often and she really does behave really well now [most of the time] i would say she changed at about 13 months so hang in there.

Offline johndoran

• Site Member
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2010, 04:26:54 PM »
Bonnie Boo is 4 now and goes ballistic in leaves on a windy day. Round and round and skidding to a halt. When she is wet she goes bananas in the house  bouncing off the settee then digging up the cushions or her bed. Its better than watching the tele :lol:
Bonnie Boo -A heartbeat at my feet

Offline Ian Wright

• Grace
    • Cages
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2010, 04:33:52 PM »
Grace all so does it :005: :005: running spinning jumping round and round like some thing gone mad  :005: :005: then plonks her self down and gives me the sad eye look  :luv: :luv:
Amazing Grace Jalankiu    5/9/2009 18/5/2022

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2010, 05:01:58 PM »
Bonnie Boo is 4 now and goes ballistic in leaves on a windy day. Round and round and skidding to a halt. When she is wet she goes bananas in the house  bouncing off the settee then digging up the cushions or her bed. Its better than watching the tele :lol:

Dru does that too on a windy day with the leaves. He's hilarious. He dashes round catches one and then another flys past and he's off after that one. He could go on all day. I keep meaning to video it.  :shades: :005:
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx

Offline MacTavish Boys

• Site Member
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2010, 05:03:57 PM »
Hamish still does the wall of death, mainly on walks, but also when he has had a bath, he is 3 and a half, but when he does it, he snorts with happiness :005:George does it as well, but not so much :D

Stephanie, George and Hamish xxx
George'n' Hamish's Mum

Offline fizzyntiffy

• Donator
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2010, 05:54:26 PM »
Yep, another one here that does the 'wall of death' - normally outside - Sasha runs in big circles round the garden table tearing up the grass and going 'ruh, ruh, ruh, ruh, ruh' & woofing and growling :005:  :005:

My doberman did this all her life  :luv: normally inside tho  :o!  We just stand well back and  :005:

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2010, 06:34:04 PM »
My 6 year old, Ellie, and her cocker friend from next door, Toffee, have been out on a long walk with us today and had been walking for 5 hours when we were cutting through a park close to home.  There were 2 other cockers there to play with and Ellie, after saying hello, ran round and round in circles barking and barking.  All I could do was look at OH and say 'wouldn't you think she would be tired'. 

She did crash out when we got home though.