Author Topic: Puppy Rage!  (Read 4547 times)

Offline sharonmansfield

• Donator
  • Bluebell and Jasmine
Re: Puppy Rage!
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2010, 08:42:32 PM »
I remember those days I would howl laughing at them. Bella still does it sometimes when very excited and especially when it snows she is now 3.
I miss it actually as they do it less as they get older.
Cocker Spaniels are like chocolates you can never have just one!

Offline langcliffe

• Settle Music
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2010, 09:59:57 PM »
Hi, Yup Bramble is another "wall of dearh fiend... inside and and out!! very disconcerting... so great to hear that its normal.. our springers never did it. We have quite a small house and garden so are now making it Bramble proof... It is funny to watch her though... She ended up on the window sill this week....
Linda & Allan
 www.settlemusic.co.uk
Thinking about Music....

Offline cockers rock!

• Donator
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2010, 10:21:12 PM »
Yup - Hector does it at least once a day - so funny when he over accelerates into the bend and falls over !!! :005: :005: :005:

He is grrrrrrwling all the time as he runs and eventually he flops down exhausted!

Cockers are lovely loons

Offline PennyB

« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2010, 11:01:09 PM »
all pups do this - with some they used to do it a the same time every day so I used to find a way of standing back and not getting in the way, as also they're so hyped up they're not listening to you so any attemps at stopping them can fall on deaf ears.

Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Annie's Mum

• Donator
  • Annie Cocker & Maisie Cav
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2010, 11:09:24 PM »
all I can say is welcome to the 'wall of death' Annie age 3 still does this...my poor sofa  ph34r
Sarah owned by Maisie & Annie

Offline dogsgalore

• Donator
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2010, 11:14:54 PM »
Another one here, mainly when wet and muddy so that she can ensure we all get a good splattering of cocker gunge!  :005:
Kath, Skye plus Jock and Millie

[img]

Offline B52

« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2010, 11:19:42 PM »
Bracken does this - especially after a walk - I refer to it as her 'Formula 1 Wall of Death ' - Lewis Hamilton couldn't do it any faster!!!

Offline Mel

• Donator
  • Owned and chomped by Taliesin the Bard.
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2010, 12:15:50 PM »
Tali does the 'wall of death' too or the 'fruit loop' or 'mad moment' as I sometimes call it. He grunts and sounds like a duck  :005: The neighbours find it rather disconcerting when he does it and they ask if he is dangerous  :005:

I just let them know it's him letting off steam and is not aggressive.

When he was younger he used to leap at my jumper or arm to nip that mid mad moment. As he was on a lead I would direct him away from me so he lept in mid air and also 'ah ah' if he caught me. He doesn't do that now.
Kelynen Mister Bojangles 17th March 1997 - 29th January 2010

”Come on Stink-woo, time for bubbyes. End of days now my poppety.”

Free Cake!

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2010, 12:53:32 PM »
Just thought of something else. You should count yourself lucky it's just one doing it as when we had the 3 pups they all used to do it and together.  :o :shades: :005: One used to start it off and the others would then chase them. Round the living room up off the sofa leaping over the third one on it's way up on there way down.  :011: They soon grew out of it.  ;) They mainly only do it when out now and you get a line of gingers zooming round the place with the occassional black and blue mixed in.  :shades: :005:
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx

Offline ElaineH

• Donator
  • Handsome Morgan 19/06/2008 - 03/03/2024
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2010, 01:06:44 PM »
Morgan hasn't done it for ages and ages  :016: he must be growing up at last  ;)
"Histories are more full of examples of the fidelity of dogs than of friends"  Alexander Pope

Offline jessandme

« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2010, 08:48:52 PM »
Just thought of something else. You should count yourself lucky it's just one doing it as when we had the 3 pups they all used to do it and together.  :o :shades: :005: One used to start it off and the others would then chase them. Round the living room up off the sofa leaping over the third one on it's way up on there way down.  :011: They soon grew out of it.  ;) They mainly only do it when out now and you get a line of gingers zooming round the place with the occassional black and blue mixed in.  :shades: :005:

I've been laughing out loud reading this, I can just imagine it!

Offline EmmaA

• Site Member
  • Eric
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2010, 10:19:11 PM »

sounds like heaven to me  ;) ;)

Offline HeatherandBenjy

• Site Member
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2010, 08:30:55 PM »
Yep, ours do it too, we call it 'having a 500 moment!'

Fizz does it when she's about to be fed (she's an ex-puppy farm rescue girl, so always gets very excited about being fed). Her usual route is from the kitchen down the hall and back, using the front door and dishwasher as her 'turning circle' :Snigger:

Its great fun, especially with the other six trying to sit down and be good before their breakfast! :Snigger: :snigger:
Heather, Buddy, Archie, Fizzy, Bruno and Amber!

Offline tillydog

• Site Member
  • Rommel & Lady
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2010, 09:52:09 AM »
Lady does the wall of death after a bath or shower, or after she's been out in the rain!! She's 13 yrs old!!

She also does another variation we call "the sillies" where she'll just shoulder drop and then roll around on her back making rah rah kind of noises! And if you say to her "Are you being daft?" it makes her roll around more!!

Offline poppysdad

« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2010, 02:20:46 PM »
Our Poppy did this all the time as a puppy and usually crashed asleep straight away afterwards. She's 2 now and does it sometimes but not a few times a day as she did.