Author Topic: Hi, i'm new!  (Read 1390 times)

Offline emma_and_tilly

Hi, i'm new!
« on: December 07, 2010, 10:52:02 PM »
Hello everyone.... i'm Emma, married with 4 kids and a black working cocker called Tilly who will be 1 on boxing day. We got her back in feb and i've been logging on almost daily to read what's happening so feel like I know some of you already! We owned a show-type cocker about 8 years ago but rehomed her to my sister-in-law as she wanted her and we were finding it hard to meet her needs with our work commitments. We lost our GSD last month (10 and a 1/2) so Tilly is lonely, hubby not giving in to another though!! (i am trying!).
I've noticed a HUGE difference between our last cocker and Tilly, but whether that's due to the show/worker difference or just different temperaments I guess i'll never know!
Tilly gets 2 walks most days, varying in length but never seems tired! She gets no where near enough training as i'd like but luckily is really well behaved (i think!). I find it hard to devote as much time as i would like as my children as between 2 and 8 and I work 25 hours a week, but she seems happy and is loved.
Anyway......that's me! xx

Offline Danni and Freya

• Freya
Re: Hi, i'm new!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 10:57:58 PM »
Hi emma, im Danni and have two young working types, Freya is 16 months and Harvey is 7 months. They can be a handful but are so worth it  :lol: look forward to some pics when you manage to get some uploaded  :luv:

Offline Maria n Dennis

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 11:12:42 PM »
Hi Emma , im Maria im married with 5 children aged between 7 weeks and 7 years  :D I have two show type cockers , Dennis is blue roan and was 2 yesterday and Douglas is liver roan and he is 16 months  :D Would love to see pics of your girl  :D

Be warned COL can become very addictive   ph34r

Offline Saffaroo

• Donator
  • both my girls safely at the bridge xx
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 06:32:55 AM »
Hello Emma and welcome to COL I have 2 rescue show types, Saffy blue roan who is 10 and a half and Shelley black parti who is 5  :D

Dillon the Cavvie
Saffy dog 22.5.2000 - 4.12.2012
Shelley boo 25.3.2005 - 19.7.2011

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 07:53:21 AM »
Hi and welcome, I have Odie, a golden show boy whom I got back in February too, he'll be 1 on 28 Dec :luv:  I have 2 daughters aged 5 and 6 and I do mention to my hubby from time to time about having another one as an Odie companion but it falls on deaf ears :005:  Anyway, looking forward to seeing some piccies please!  Lesley  :D
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline emma_and_tilly

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 09:39:49 AM »
Thanks for your messages, I tried to upload a pic onto my profile - thought i followed instructions correctly!! I am not very good with computers at all, I know how to put the pics from my camera onto the computer but thats it. I have no idea where to begin with 'photobucket' or anything else, is there a simple, non technical way of putting a photo of tilly on? Was just thinking so it displays on the left of the post under my name?

If not then she's basically a lovely black dog, with scruffy ears and a tuft that sticks up on top of her head. She has a small white flash on her chest and she's gorgeous!!

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 10:19:15 AM »
Hi Emma, welcome to the forum  :D  Sounds like you have a busy house!  We have 3 here, two black boys who are 10 and a blue roan girl who is 4. 

Offline The Waltons

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 11:27:16 AM »
hi emma im fairly new too & do not post as much as i would like, i have 7 children ranging from 2 - 12 years, 1 girl then 6 little boys  :lol2: certainly keep us very busy.  I have Milo 7 months boy & blue roan, he stopped me having henry the 8th !!  hes my baby now. :005:

jo & Milo

Offline starboy

• Site Member
  • Theo and Apollo
    • Starboy
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2010, 06:40:04 PM »
Hello and welcome.  :D

I have 4 children but my youngest is now 15 so things are a bit easier. We have 2 dogs Theo blue Roan and Apollo a springer, a lovely black cat and 2 Ragdoll kittens.
From the Darby family

Offline RoxyRed

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2010, 10:49:59 PM »
Hello and Welcome

Im owned by golden girl Roxy who has just turned 1

Very addictive site  :D

xx

'A Dog is the Only Thing on Earth that Loves You, More than He Loves Himself'

RIP Roly at the Bridge 12.4.93 - 11.11.10

Offline emma_and_tilly

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2010, 12:34:40 PM »
everyone's very friendly - it's lovely. Tilly will be one on boxing day and we're seriously considering getting a GSD again, (kids have already decided to call her Sheba!) - we must be mad!