Author Topic: Puppy biting  (Read 1460 times)

Offline jo.ebony

Re: Puppy biting
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2011, 04:48:41 PM »
With Alfie, I save the Kong for when we are going out - that's the only time he has it, and he gets all excited when he sees me getting it ready, and isn't at all bothered about us going!

I'll try that next time instead og the "tubos" i usually give her when i go out

Offline mooching

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2011, 05:05:03 PM »
I used to slot little bits of kibble into the ridges along the Puppy Dental Kong - Alfie loved trying to gnaw them out!

Offline Elly

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2011, 05:56:18 PM »
My puppy is the same. Things that have been (sometimes!!) successful for us are: a puppy nylabone and when she is sitting/lying on us and starts biting/mouthing we put it in her mouth instead and also if she continues biting and is getting more excited we give her a minutes time out shut in the utility room to calm down. Good luck with your crocker  :lol2:

Offline mlynnf50

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2011, 06:12:09 PM »
Sorry to say i think its normal Cocker Behavoiur, Selby is now 14 months old and still mouths but not as hard, he is learning, but i think it just takes time with cockers.  I know what you mean about being hard work, but they give so much back :luv:

Offline jo.ebony

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2011, 01:17:01 PM »
My puppy is the same. Things that have been (sometimes!!) successful for us are: a puppy nylabone and when she is sitting/lying on us and starts biting/mouthing we put it in her mouth instead and also if she continues biting and is getting more excited we give her a minutes time out shut in the utility room to calm down. Good luck with your crocker  :lol2:

thats more or less what i've been doing with her, she'll sit nicely on the couch with me for a while and chew her bone whilst i hold it.

Offline jo.ebony

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2011, 01:20:19 PM »
I used to slot little bits of kibble into the ridges along the Puppy Dental Kong - Alfie loved trying to gnaw them out!

good idea, i tried putting small bits in the middle of it, didn't work  :005:

i got her the classic kong last night and she loves  :luv: it. but if she cant get the treats out within 5 mins she just chews it.
i've asked my mum to give her the kong when she goes out instead of the tubos

Offline jakesmum

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2011, 02:30:08 PM »
Jake was a nightmare when he had his baby teeth. Once he got his big teeth he started to learn to be a bit more gentle, but it wasn't until he was much older that he became calm enough to realise what he was doing. He's still a 'crocker' spaniel though - and when he rolls onto his back he starts mouthing but these days I can happily put my hand in my mouth and he exerts no pressure. Freddie seems to be the same so I'm deducing it's a c'r'ocker thing!