Author Topic: Printer problem  (Read 1070 times)

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Printer problem
« on: January 15, 2011, 11:48:21 AM »
Oh I hate technology  >:D  I have an HP printer that is refusing to print my CV except for the contact details at the top. I have it saved as a works document and a word document and it's the same issue whichever file I use. Have tried hooking the printer up to another computer but it won't print it from that either. I ran a test print and again it just printed the top part although it sounds like its printing the full document, the rest of the page is blank. The ink level is fine and it printed off 21 pages of my Open University stuff from the OU website with no problem at all but I just can't work out why it won't print the CV  :huh:  I've tried googling as I don't have a manual for it but am none the wiser - anybody got any ideas?
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline MegandMolly

• Donator
Re: Printer problem
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 06:14:35 PM »
Have you tried printing another word document? Does it do it with all documents??

Plan B - email it to yourself and print it off the email?
Thou usually attachments will open in word first (plan B might not work  :huh:) but I can't see why your OU stuff has printed ok

ETA - My HP printer sometimes has a 'mind of it's own' try closing down the laptop and turning the printer off then switching on and trying again
Sam (that's me), Meg (B&W cocker), Ruby (Blue Roan cocker) and Gemma (Black lab)

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Re: Printer problem
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 07:00:10 PM »
OMG, I love you! 2 days I've spent trying to figure this out  :005:

Plan B worked with the Word version as I could view it online instead of downloading it and it printed fine from there  :banana:

Thank you sooooo much  :D
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)