Author Topic: Worried about getting excited  (Read 630 times)

Offline Rosie

• Site Member
Worried about getting excited
« on: February 03, 2011, 11:02:44 AM »
I think I may be adding to the family but......... am more nervous than excited at the moment.
I know that the pup is of good breeding, undocked and well looked after but.......

is it the right time??  and Spice is the most bonded little dog I have ever owned and not sure she would tolerate another girl.....

Not told anyone really about this - never like to until the litter is born so as not to tempt fate then not sure as littler smaller than planned whether I would still have an option....and now guess I am still trying to think it through myself

I need to go and see them and think....I can not and will not have another Spice I know that she is a one in a million and have to remember that this one will be one in a million in her own special way....

ohh this is hard.....

Not even sure why posting but hard not to share with anyone at the moment!

Rosie & 4 naughty cockers plus one!

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
Re: Worried about getting excited
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 11:19:43 AM »
 :005: :005: :005:

I love they way you think seeing the litter will help you make up your mind... if you want to be REALLY objective don't go and see the litter until you have decided :shades: :lol2:

You'll be fine ;), I really think that if you have a good breeder 95% of the rest is about nurture from you and you're dead right, your new pup will be different to Spice but in her own very special way that will bring things to you that even Spice doesn't ;)

Lots of luck, I don't think it's possible not to worry or fret over these things, but I always reckon if the logistics stack up then trust your instincts and gut feelings 100%

Can't wait to see some pics :lol2: :luv: :luv: :luv:

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline Max X 2

• Site Member
Re: Worried about getting excited
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 12:10:18 PM »
Isn't it normal to be nervous? IMHO it's all part of the adding to the family mixture of emotions.

Spice is very special  :luv: & hopefully won't mind having a little sister

I'm presuming another working cocker?  :luv:

Maxine owned by Max & Harry