Author Topic: The Worst Night Of My Life....  (Read 13084 times)

Offline scooby's mum

• Site Member
  • Scooby & Misty's Mum
The Worst Night Of My Life....
« on: January 25, 2005, 11:05:14 AM »
Dear all

I'm absolutely beside myself with worry as my 5 month old puppy, Scooby, got run over last night.

I'm still in shock but I'll try to describe what happened.  We only let Scooby off the lead for a run on the field for the first time on Sunday opposite our house and he was absolutely fine - he came back each time on command and had a great time.  

However, I picked the children up from school and they wanted to see Scooby on the field so we all went over.  Scooby was having a great time playing with 3 other dogs and I was talking to one of the owners who warned me about how nasty 2 of the local dogs are (the guy who owns them lives opposite me).  He said one of this guy's dogs had attached his dog and bit him on the ear.  Just as he was telling me the story the guy comes on the field with his two dogs (off the lead) and as soon as they saw Scooby they pelted after him.  Scooby just ran and was making a horrible screaming noise with sheer fright, they ran him off the field and he made for home but a taxi hit in as he ran towards the drive.

I cannot begin to describe the grief - he was in agony, I picked him up and he bit my face because of the pain.  Luckily the vet in 2 minutes away so I took him straight down and he was immediately put on a drip and oxygen and was given 2 shots of morphine as he was in severe shock.  He was then transferred to a 24 hour vet in Bury.  On arrival he was checked but unfortunately because he was so unstable they couldn't check him properly but the vet warned me as he wasn't moving at all that his back could be broken, pelvis smashed etc.  They told me to go so they could tend to him and that the would put him under a general in the middle of the night to x-ray him and that they would phone as soon as they knew what was going on.  I have never cried so much in my whole life.....they eventually called at 3am and said his back leg is smashed but his back, bladder etc. seems fine and there doesn't seem to be any internal bleeding.  The relief was undescribable, I have cried buckets.

This morning he is stable but still not up to an operation.  They need to either pin or put a plate in his leg so, hopefully, they will be able to do this tomorrow and they have warned that he will be in for a few days.

At the moment the relief I feel is numbing the anger  I hold against my neighbour and his dogs...I can't believe at 5 months old this has happened - I don't suppose it matters what age they are, the grief is the same.

Please pray for my baby and hope he makes a full recovery - I just need a bit of moral support.....
Love Joanne, Misty & Scooby

Offline crazyspaniels

• Site Member
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2005, 11:09:47 AM »
Oh no, poor you and poor Scooby, how scarey. You will be in our thoughts today :(  

Freya and Cockers Bilbo and Dobbie, not forgetting the Springers Willow and Paddy

Offline mick

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2005, 11:12:37 AM »
O dear I am so very sorry to hear about Scooby.

I pray he will be okay soon with no after effects.

Please keep us informed as to how Scooby is.

Mick.

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2005, 11:14:05 AM »
:( Awww how awfull, the way you feel is totally understandable, my thoughts are with Scooby and your family today.

Please keep us uptodate with how things are going :)  xxxx

Offline catwillow

• Site Member
    • http://www.lapislumina.co.uk/
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2005, 11:15:59 AM »
[size=8]I am so sorry to hear about Scooby :(

I can imagine how awful you feel, I have been through this with my cats and my husbands guide dog....... I am sending every positive thought I can his way...... I hope with all my heart that he makes a full and speedy recovery......

lots of love and hugs to you and your family (((((((((hugs)))))))))

It never ceases to amaze me how irresponsible people can be with their dogs, that man really should not be allowed to keep dogs if he knows they will behave this way and either does not care or cant control them  :angry:
[/size]
[/i]
Hugs n stuff

Sheri  XxX
Lilly, Murphy & Sally xxx

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2005, 11:18:33 AM »
Poor little Scooby :(

My thoughts are with you and I'll be praying that Scooby makes a full and speedy recovery. xx (((hugs))) for you both
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

Offline Curtisio

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2005, 11:22:09 AM »
We are thinking of Scooby and hope he recovers very soon :)  
Paul - Kyro - Daisy & Cookie (cats)

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2005, 11:24:44 AM »
So sorry to hear your bad news - it must have been terrifying for you, and probably still is. I really hope Scooby will be okay - keep us posted every step of the way!!

Mike

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2005, 11:29:29 AM »
Everyones worst nightmare :(   I can only imagine what you've been going through and how dreadful you must feel.  Poor little Scooby :(

I hope he gets an awful lot of love and attention at the vets and that the operation goes well and that he will be home with you soon. ;)

Mary

Mary & Lottie x

Offline Mightyjoe

• Site Member
    • http://www.byphotos.com/album/780383
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2005, 11:32:22 AM »
So sorry to hear your news, hope he is better soon.
David, Sharon & Oscar

Oscar Pics    Oscar in Scotland

Offline bluegirl

• Site Member
    • www.millionhairsdoggrooming.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2005, 11:37:30 AM »
So sorry to hear this devastating news,
 some poor dogs have mountains to climb during their lifetime, lets hope he's a fighter and he makes it.
Karen, Penny, Logan, Phoebe and Bronte.

"Life is a series of dogs".    George Carlin

I was going to take over the world but got distracted by something sparkly.

Offline Mary P

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2005, 11:38:54 AM »
I'm so sorry that this has happened to your little'un. It must be an absolute nightmare.
All good wishes!
Mary P

Please help me raise £1000 for MAGGIE'S CENTRES
Thanks!

www.justgiving.com/Mary-Cuba2015

I NEED YOUR HELP, PLEASE DONATE!!! PLEASE ASK OTHERS TO DONATE!!!

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2005, 11:39:35 AM »
Oh no!! poor little man   :(  sending  little Scoobie positive and healing thoughts, and i hope he'll be home again soon, please keep us posted on his progress. (((hugs))) xx  
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

scoobie

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2005, 11:43:19 AM »
Scooby's mum :( I feel so very sorry for you and poor little scoobs :( my god that's just horrible and to happen in front of you I think it's every ones nightmare I for one and everyone on here is praying for him please try and keep strong for scooby just concentrate on him getting better sending him and you positive thoughts take care x

Offline Sass

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2005, 11:44:13 AM »
Thinking of you all, and sending lots of love xxxx
Sass and Alfie xx