Author Topic: 13 weeks today and life does seem a little easier - inspiration for you all.  (Read 585 times)

Offline Dimples

Morning my cocker friends  :D

Robbie is 13 weeks today and this time a week ago I was ready to leave home and send Robbie to the RSPCA  :'(

Just 1 week on and I feel life is so much better.

Thanks to so much wonderful advice from people on here and a truly great advisor through work, I have adopted some approaches that have worked wonders.

Our house seems much calmer. Our carpet and floors are pee and poop free and life feels good.

Robbie still wakes me up at 5am everyday which is a killer and has a ruining effect on my morning 's*x life' with hubby  :005: but he does greet you with such love that you cant ever be annoyed.

Robbie is a pleasure to take to the Pub, the park and peoples houses and welcomes people into our home like they are his best friend. 

Chewing and biting is getting better  :D although i appreciate this could be a lull... :005:

Anyway just wanted to share some inspiration with you. You can have some bad days and some really bad days but it does get better.  I hope i am not tempting fate by writing this  :005:
Denise - lucky mum of gorgeous (and cheeky) Robbie xx

Now 9 years old

Offline black taz

of course you are tempting fate  :005:  cockers more than any dog i know like to lull you into a false sense of security.

Last week at agility i had just said was a perfect recall Taz had had on holiday, then spent most of the class with him off sniffing.

Glad to hear that things are improving though - it does get easier

Offline waggytails

• Millie and Hattie
Glad things have improved for you, i think you did well only feeling like this at 13 weeks, i only had Hattie for 2 and would have taken her back, :005: ph34r.  The other thing i have to say is having had cockers for over 15 years whats a s*x life. :005:
Mum to Hattie and Darcy

(Millie now forever playing on the beach,  RIP 06/03/2010)

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
Aww, that so lovely to hear Denise - I'm realy pleased for you  ;)  :bigarmhug:
Life with a puppy & it's first few years, is akin to babies/children IMO & the more work (hard though it may be :'( ) you put in, in these early years, the geater the reward when they are older.
You probably will have downs aswell as ups, in the coming times but at least you now know he is just learning & with the right training & dedication, you can overcome most things together .....for the things you can't overcome on your own - well, there's always COL to help you - there's always someone else who's 'been there, done that & got the T-shirt' to help prove it will be OK  :luv:
well done you  :clapping:
& how about a pic of your little?  :angel: then  :lol2: 
If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!