Author Topic: Yuck! Yuck! Yuck!  (Read 2932 times)

Offline ElaineH

• Donator
  • Handsome Morgan 19/06/2008 - 03/03/2024
Yuck! Yuck! Yuck!
« on: April 25, 2011, 10:51:03 PM »
Morgan is disgusting and he's making my flesh creep  :020: He's started making a real fuss to go outside and there's no way he needs to pee every 15 minutes, oh no! what it's really about is that he wants to eat the maybugs that are clattering into the outside light and falling to the ground - crunch, crunch  :fear2:

:020: :020:

Is anyone else having this happening?
"Histories are more full of examples of the fidelity of dogs than of friends"  Alexander Pope

Offline Mel X

• Mels Crafty Delights
Re: Yuck! Yuck! Yuck!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 10:56:12 PM »
Uurrgghhhh!  Murphy our retriever used to eat spiders - particularly if they bothered me, which they usually do   :005:   Now he's an old man he just gives a look suggestive of "get a grip" and goes back to sleep without budging  :lol2:

Mel X

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 10:59:16 PM »
plenty of MayBugs about down here too but nobodys taken to munching on them here ......thank goodness  :fear2:  :020:
If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 11:00:03 PM »
sorry Elaine but you can't have it all ways - if you expect him to save you from spiders by eating them he's probably developed a taste for creepy crawlies now  :rofl1:
helen & jarvis x

Offline ElaineH

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 11:19:09 PM »
sorry Elaine but you can't have it all ways - if you expect him to save you from spiders by eating them he's probably developed a taste for creepy crawlies now  :rofl1:

How true  :shades: I've only got myself to blame  :005:
"Histories are more full of examples of the fidelity of dogs than of friends"  Alexander Pope

Offline tillydog

• Site Member
  • Rommel & Lady
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 12:44:10 AM »
When we still lived in the UK and we had Tilly, she had a penchant for Stag Beetles. However she never mastered the art of eating them before they nipped the inside of her mouth. The more they nipped and she spat them out the angrier the beetles got, the more she kept picking them up in her mouth again!!!  :005:

Offline Mel

• Donator
  • Owned and chomped by Taliesin the Bard.
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 01:44:15 AM »
Ewwww nasty! I'm telling Tali they are 'no safe' and he just sits and watches them. They are early here this year.
Kelynen Mister Bojangles 17th March 1997 - 29th January 2010

”Come on Stink-woo, time for bubbyes. End of days now my poppety.”

Free Cake!

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 06:46:14 AM »
 yuck yuck !!!!!! you dont know what yuck is,  :005: :005: at least its only bugs, not dead seal, poop  of any variety, yesterday it was mackeral heads as there had been a fishing comp on the beach a few days before, so 3 day old fish heads  :020: :020:
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 07:48:51 AM »
Louis is happily crunching on Maybugs too. They fly into the outside light when I let the dogs out last thing, fall to the ground, inevitably land on their backs and before I can upright the poor things Louis is there, crunch, crunch, crunch :020:

Offline ElaineH

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 08:34:27 AM »
Louis is happily crunching on Maybugs too. They fly into the outside light when I let the dogs out last thing, fall to the ground, inevitably land on their backs and before I can upright the poor things Louis is there, crunch, crunch, crunch :020:

That's exactly how it is here too Elaine, these cockers are so darn quick to grab things >:( however, unlike you, I've never thought of the ugly beasts as "poor things" and I can't even imagine a scenario in which I would be tempted to rush to their aid  :fear2:

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2011, 10:54:39 AM »
This all sounds very gross indeed :020:  I'm pleased that Odie hasn't developed a taste for nasty things, he doesn't really eat anything untoward (apart from new or used tissues that is ph34r) so I'm fairly lucky in that respect.
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline Mari

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2011, 02:19:38 PM »
I have to agree with minimoo  :005: I've experienced far worse yuck moments with my cocker. I do understand that it is not exactly pleasant to see them eat bugs. But with my cocker, the biggest concern is poop eating. And I am afraid to tell you what kind of poop she seems to be an expert at finding. She also ate a dead mouse off the street once  :fear2: Not to mention her habit of rolling in anything that smells bad. Last week it was a dead hedgehog, this week a dead mole  :020:

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2011, 05:00:18 PM »
Another cruncher here  :005:  Georgia has developed a taste for those vile maybugs  :020:  i think they are also known as cockchafer's  :-\
Tbh i don't mind if she catches them & eats them  ph34r  :005: esp. after i had one fly into me  :fear2: they really give me the creep's.  :fear2:

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline Emma xx

• Donator
  • Meg
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2011, 05:04:51 PM »
 :o i just googled maybugs! ewwwwww they are awful, i'd encourage ours to eat them if we got any so there'd be less chance of them coming near me :005:
Emma, with Meg (11) and Alfie (3)

Watch Alfie's first year!
http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=c5e5e2eace5d415d7d989a&skin_id=7

Offline CorinneF

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2011, 05:11:39 PM »
more proteins for the doggies! lol  ;) although it is a bit gross...  :005:
Corinne owned by Poppy and Willow