Author Topic: Do puppies learn about reflections?  (Read 611 times)

Offline Sara750S

• Toby
Do puppies learn about reflections?
« on: June 02, 2011, 09:04:41 AM »
Do they?

Or will Toby always think there is a gold cocker in the garden, 1 by the tv (chrome stand) and 1 by the fire place (chrome surround)!

He must think theres alot of them!

Offline Lucianne

Re: Do puppies learn about reflections?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 09:28:16 AM »
 :005:  :luv:

Bella still growls fiercely when she catches sight of herself in the mirror, and she'll be two in October.

We have to cover up the full length mirror in our room at my MIL's when we stay there, as otherwise Bella wakes us at first light growling menacingly and barking at the intruder cocker in the corner of the room...  ph34r  :005:

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 09:35:01 AM »
I think Roly realises he's looking at himself in the mirror - every morning he goes and has a look, wags his tail and then goes downstairs  :lol2:
Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 09:54:25 AM »
I think Roly realises he's looking at himself in the mirror - every morning he goes and has a look, wags his tail and then goes downstairs  :lol2:

Bet he's thinking "Looking good....."  :005:

Maggie know's some places she can expect to see herself but is still surprised by it when she's not expecting it and does the whole "who's that???" approach.... :luv:
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline Juno

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 10:25:13 AM »
Juno's exit to the garden is a sliding door via the conservatory. It took a few bumped heads before she realised that the Cocker on the other side hoping to play was in fact herself!

She is spooked if she sees MY reflection in the mirror and barks! She's not quite tall enough to see herself yet...

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 12:37:22 PM »
Brodie loves reflections. When she was a puppy, she used to think her litter sister (my aunt has her, they are very similar looking) lived in the oven. She would often go and look at her reflection, especially if she got upset about something :005:.

She is three now and understands reflections very well. If she wants something she will often go look at my reflection in the glass of the fire, and if I wave at her she will turn and run up to me :luv:

x In memory of Barney x

Offline Monstersspaniel

• My one and only
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 03:55:16 PM »
ahahaha sounds like Millie ^^

She barks at hers in the window!