Author Topic: Hello :)  (Read 501 times)

Offline beanbag

Hello :)
« on: June 23, 2011, 09:34:58 AM »
Hi Everyone :)

So i am currently not a puppy owner, however me and my partner would very much like to be puppy owners, more specificly a Cocker Spaniel owner :)

I have always had dogs, my partner has never had dogs and he loves cockers. We have other animals, and wont be looking to get a puppy for a little while yet (next year time) but we just thought we should do some research into the breed before we dive in a get a pup!

Look forward to hearing from you all :)

Offline Eve

• Donator
    • www.yvonnehughes.co.uk
Re: Hello :)
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 09:37:34 AM »
Welcome to COL you have come on at the right time. You can get to know all of us and learn more about cockers and other breeds some of us have golden retrievers, field spaniels, great danes etc.

We are here to help, advise or just listen to whatever you want to talk about.

Eve

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 09:59:18 AM »
Hi Beanbag :D
Welcome to CoL, you've come to the right place for all things cocker!
steff
xxx

Offline poppy

• Donator
  • Betsy b 17/05/2011
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 10:32:54 AM »
Hi Beabag and OH.  You will find all the research you need on here at COL.  Everyone is soooo kind and helpful.  I'm getting my puppy, Betsy on 14th July - I CAN'T WAIT!!! lol :lol:

Look forward to hearing when you get you Cocker Spaniel puppy and of course, the obligatory photos of your puppy too!! :banana:
Lots of love ... Lizzie
Micka 17/03/1996-12/07/2011 Sleep my darling baby

Offline beanbag

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 12:11:20 PM »
It wont be for a while yet :( I would like to get a puppy after i graduate but he wants to wait longer which is ok :)

Our main concern is that we both work. We have said that we would both take 2 weeks off (one after each other) to get our puppy settled in. We have also llooked into dog walkers in our area and also have family members who would be able to pop in and see our pup. We have looked into obediance classes as well.

My OH doesnt want to get an older dog as he has reservations about where they have come from. I think everydog needs a home but i dont want to make my OH uncomfortable :-\

Thanks for the warm welcome :D