Author Topic: Just 8 more days to we pick up our pups - eh Sue/Snoo? - Amended today!!  (Read 2907 times)

Offline Snoo

• Clover, DOB 17/05/11
Ha, ha, thanks for that Goggins - I shall look forward to that experience - perhaps I ought to take up my kitchen carpet and have vinyl fitted instead - sounds like it could be in for a soaking! (Actually, it has already had one soaking when our dishwasher decided to overflow a few weeks ago,  >:D  lol!) 

BTW, did you have your cats before your dog, and if so, how did the introduction and first few weeks go - also, "how does one stop one's puppy from wanting to chase one's cats", lol?!?!?
:005: :lol: :-\
To know them is to love them.....

Offline Goggins

• Donator
  • Princess "Freya" Trucker (dob:25/03/2011)
We used to have 5 cats but now down to just the 1 who is 16 years old...lets say she stood her ground-whacked Freya on the head and now Freya just sits and watches her and doesnt chase (thank goodness)...you do however need to be careful as cats can cause eye problems when they lash out with claws!! My cat has her "cat territory" upstairs as woofs not allowed up so she can chill out up there or she can come and mingle with the riff-raff downstairs as and when she wants...

Some people say keep puppy on a lead for introductions, some put their cats in a crate whilst puppy explores or vice versa...I think its a case of what you feel happiest doing...I just tend to let them sort themselves out and just supervise...

I remember one of our cats (many many years ago) just had to lift her paw and all the woofs would get out of her way...was esp funny when she lifted her paw up just to wash it...she def ruled the house!!

;) Im sure Clover and your cats will be just fine...
Carol owned and loved by Freya (my gorgeous cocker spaniel), Thor (boxer) and Merlin (border collie)

Offline Snoo

• Clover, DOB 17/05/11
@Goggins: That's interesting info, thanks. I plan to do the same as you - Clover won't be allowed upstairs, so the three cats (mad Siamese!) can retreat up there if necessary. They also have the garden with lots of hiding places and things to jump up onto out of Clover's way. However, I know from seeing them with various dogs before that they won't stand their ground - they will run, and that of course will cause problems. I may have to resort to using a house line on Clover to stop her from chasing, initially.

I did laugh at the image in my mind of a cat lifting its paw to wash and the dogs all scattering! Brill! I think cats usually do rule the roost overall, don't they?!  :shades:

@Lizzie: Apologies - I seem to have hi-jacked your thread with this discussion - will end it here!  :embarassed:

Offline poppy

• Donator
  • Betsy b 17/05/2011
@Snoo - Don't mind me.  I quite like to finding out how you can introduce cats to dogs and vice versa.  Please carry on, if you don't mind. LOL!! :lol::005:
Lots of love ... Lizzie
Micka 17/03/1996-12/07/2011 Sleep my darling baby

Offline poppy

• Donator
  • Betsy b 17/05/2011
I can't believe it is only 3 days left before we pick Betsy and Clover up from the Breeders.  All of them went to the Vets and have had their 1st innoculations and a health check up and everyone was very good.  There were the 8 puppies and the mummy and the Grandma - 10 dogs in total.  It took around an hour and a half to do.  You can just imagine how busy they were and how the dogs behaved.  Betsy did not cry at all.

I CAN'T WAIT to get Betsy.  I am so excited.

There seems to be a few of us that will be getting our puppies from now on.  Is everyone as excited as me and Sue?

Lots of love ... Lizzie

Offline Snoo

• Clover, DOB 17/05/11
No-one can be more excited than we are, Lizzie, lol!!!!!   ;) :005: :rofl1: :011: :banana: :clapping: :004: :cool4: :happydance: :clapdance:

Offline Jonnydog

• Donator
  • Penny Black - b. 7/5/2011
Yup, I'm so excited I can't think straight - and Penny will be my fifth puppy! I just wish I could remember what the others were like, but apart from a few housetraining accidents (one hilarious one involving the Glasgow Herald crossword comes to mind) and poor wee Jess having to spend six weeks in a pen thanks to a broken leg, I don't remember much.

Jess - my little companion 2003-2011

Offline poppy

• Donator
  • Betsy b 17/05/2011
Yup, I'm so excited I can't think straight - and Penny will be my fifth puppy! I just wish I could remember what the others were like, but apart from a few housetraining accidents (one hilarious one involving the Glasgow Herald crossword comes to mind) and poor wee Jess having to spend six weeks in a pen thanks to a broken leg, I don't remember much.

When are you picking Penny up - is it this coming Friday?  or is that someone else? LOL!! :lol::005:  There are so many adorable puppies  :luv: :luv: :luv:around  ;)
Lots of love ... Lizzie

Offline Jonnydog

• Donator
  • Penny Black - b. 7/5/2011
Picking her up Saturday on the way home from holiday (couldn't wait another minute!)

Jess - my little companion 2003-2011

Offline Goggins

• Donator
 ph34r Are you getting a puppy Lizzie????

:005: :005: :005: :005: :005:
Carol owned and loved by Freya (my gorgeous cocker spaniel), Thor (boxer) and Merlin (border collie)

Offline poppy

• Donator
  • Betsy b 17/05/2011
ph34r Are you getting a puppy Lizzie????

:005: :005: :005: :005: :005:

Yes I'm getting a puppy on Thursday 14th July and so is Sue - and WE CAN'T WAIT - Have I not mentioned this yet???  :005: :005: :005: :005: ;)
Lots of love ... Lizzie

Offline Snoo

• Clover, DOB 17/05/11
You two just cracked me up, Goggins and Lizzie!  :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:

Offline poppy

• Donator
  • Betsy b 17/05/2011
I've never been this so excited before.  I've never had to wait for anything, if I want something I usually get it straight away. Spoilt brat that I am. :embarassed: :embarassed: :005: :005: ;)
Lots of love ... Lizzie

Offline Goggins

• Donator
 ;) I am exactly the same Lizzie!!!!  :005: :005:

Just waiting 2 weeks did my head in waiting to get ickle Freya  :005: :005:

;) Just reading how excited you and Sue are really makes me smile!!!!

Offline poppy

• Donator
  • Betsy b 17/05/2011
Now only 2 days left.  Then we shall have our baby girls.  Or should I say our puppies LOL!! :lol::005:
Lots of love ... Lizzie