Author Topic: Hi from Gloucester  (Read 586 times)

Offline jlt78

• Florrie
Hi from Gloucester
« on: July 09, 2011, 09:19:28 PM »
Hi there, i'm Jane and today we brought our new dog home for the first time.  Her name is Florrie and she is an 18month half show, half worker. We have had a hectic first day and i'm exhausted already. Really hoping Florrie will settle well for her first night.  There are more details about our first day on another thread under general discussion headed half show half worker. Also some photos there (although I think I may have posted these on the wrong board) whoops.

Jane

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
Re: Hi from Gloucester
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 09:27:06 PM »
Hi Jane - welcome to the forum  :003:
Congratulations on the arrival of your new little girl - I've seen her pics on the other thread & she really does look a beautiful girl  :luv:
I wish you all many years of fun & happy times together & lots of extra special cocker kisses that only cockers know how to do  :luv: :005:
I'm owned & trained by 3 show type girls - Purdey 7, Livie & Tinker both 4 1/2 (Purdey & Tinker are blue roan & Livie is orange & white) & we live in Bournemouth on the south coast  :shades:
Look forwards to all the tales of Florrie  :luv:

Lindsey x
If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!

Offline jlt78

• Florrie
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 09:41:00 PM »
Thanks Lindsay,  and yes we have had lots of cocker kisses already! You must be busy with three to look after! They also sound lovely, I love their names.

Jane

Offline Snoo

• Clover, DOB 17/05/11
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 08:56:25 AM »
Hi Jane, pleased to meet you! :lol:
To know them is to love them.....

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 09:35:07 AM »
Hello Jane and Florrie :luv:  Hope your first night went OK!  I was shocked when I got Odie home (now 16 months ago) at just how much our lives would revolve around this tiny little bundle of mischief :lol2:  He is now 18 months old and he's still calling the shots :005:  Lesley
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline Megan Ffion

• Megan Ffion
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 10:28:00 AM »
Hi! Jane and Florrie,

Welcome to COL

I'm just on my way to have a look at your Florrie

We have a six year old solid black called Megan and although she has been through much in her life, she is just a bundle of fun.

Enjoy the forum, it's addictive.

Gwyneth, Colin and Megan  XXX
Remembering Our Sweet Megan

Offline Eve

• Donator
    • www.yvonnehughes.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 10:52:38 AM »
Welcome Jane and Florrie, love the name by the way. There are lots of people on here to give help and advice if needed.

Eve

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 01:46:49 PM »
Hi Jane, I'm new too.  I'm sure we'll have a great time here.  Hope you got some sleep last night lol.

(RIP Charlie and Jarvis - Love You Both Forever)  :luv: :luv:

Offline jlt78

• Florrie
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2011, 03:02:52 PM »
Thanks for all your lovely comments!  I am very pleased to announce that Florrie slept the whole night through til 7am.  Not one single whimper!!  We have enjoyed a wonderful countryside walk this morning and have been spending alot of this afternoon picking out loads of stick on weed balls!!  We also let her off the lead for the first time and am pleased to say she was absolutely fine.  Getting used to her new name very well (with lots of titbits for reward).

Jane x x