Author Topic: New Member Here, Just Pop In And Say Hellooo  (Read 3678 times)

(¯`·._.·[LaZaRuS]·._.·´¯)

New Member Here, Just Pop In And Say Hellooo
« on: February 13, 2005, 10:12:55 PM »
hi,

New member here...

Been planning to home a Cocker for ages now, although, I used to work shifts, i am giving up work soon due to a really bad back injury ( im 25 too  <_< )...

Anyway, Live at home with mum and dad and well I am thinking of homing a cocker, as the my girlfriend owns a lovely bitch called "molly"..

Anyway, I havent rushly decided to do this, Me and my dad (more my dad) have built a kennel in the backyard, fixed the fences.. and turned up a bit of grass to make way for gravel in the backyard..

I have read up on the breed for the past month or two and am now scraping up the funds required to adopt a pup... and get supplies..

I am not quite sure why I said all that, but I did and stuff..

Anyway, If anyone could maybe recommend me a breeder in the North I would be greatfully in gratitude..

Offline Tracey J

• Site Member
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2005, 10:25:19 PM »
Hi there, welcome to COL :D   Is that Molly?  She's gorgeous!! :wub: Sorry to hear about your back, my husband has a serious back condition so you have my every sympathy :( .

Good luck in your search for a cocker :D ,  once bitten by the cocker bug you'll never look back :D .

Look forward to seeing you around the forum.
Tracey, Molly &  little brother Brodie!

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2005, 11:18:17 PM »
Hello & welcome to Cockers Online :) Just wondering if there was a reason why you are planning on keeping your Cocker in a kennel in your backyard? Cockers are not generally the sort of breed which enjoy being isolated outside on their own - they are "people" dogs & very much like to be part of the family. A dog kennelled alone could well be noisy & annoy your neighbours as well as being vulnerable to thieves (there are many instances of dogs being stolen from outside kennels).Whilst Cockers plural can live outside in the right conditions, I would never recommend kennelling one pet Cocker in this way, sorry.

Jane

Jane

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2005, 11:35:20 PM »
Yes, i see your fair and righteous point, however, I am in the thought that, everyonce so often, every dog needs a place to just go if she/he feels the need..

I have no intention of "kenneling" a pup.. Maybe when it gets older.. it 'might' just want to go somewhere and chill out.. I never once thought of leaving it outside at night, I was more thinking of summertime maybe...

It is just a place for it to go if it feels the need...that is all...

And yes that is Molly... say hello molly...

Offline chrisfund

• Site Member
    • http://cocker.natoo.net
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2005, 05:17:11 AM »
Hello, welcome to COL.

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :D  :D  
ChangBin(Chris)

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2005, 09:25:06 AM »
Yes, i see your fair and righteous point, however, I am in the thought that, everyonce so often, every dog needs a place to just go if she/he feels the need..

I don't think any pet Cocker would voluntarily choose to go outside in a kennel - they like their home comforts too much :lol: (I'm not talking about dogs which have become accustomed to kennel life from an early age - that's different)

Jane
Jane

Offline PennyB

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2005, 11:23:41 AM »
·._.·´¯),Feb 13 2005, 11:35 PM] Yes, i see your fair and righteous point, however, I am in the thought that, everyonce so often, every dog needs a place to just go if she/he feels the need..

I don't think any pet Cocker would voluntarily choose to go outside in a kennel - they like their home comforts too much :lol: (I'm not talking about dogs which have become accustomed to kennel life from an early age - that's different)

Jane
Tell me about it. Mine have a chillout zone in the house in the spot of their choice which is often somewhere very cosy (and I find the neighbours dog is left to 'chillout' in the yard while her owners are at work and poor dog spends most of the day whining outside wanting to go back in the house).

Welcome to the world of cockers.
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Tracey J

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2005, 11:43:29 AM »
I find that my 2 are only at their happiest in one place.  Where is that?  Under my feet!  !! :lol:  :lol:   Cockers are the most incredibly sociable breed of dog, and while they do occasionally like their 'quiet' time, it's usually somewhere they can still see you :lol: .  If you spend a lot of time in your garden then your cocker will want to be there too, but will usually follow you back inside as soon as you leave.  It's nice to be loved :rolleyes:  :lol: .

Offline DIANNE32

• Site Member
    • http://www.DIDO.mypetpages.net
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2005, 01:21:50 PM »
:P Hiya and welcome to col. Yes cockers are definately people dogs and follow you where ever you go, and if you leave them for even 5 mins they go crazy when they see you again :P  :D  
DIANNE,CHRIS, BAILEY & EBONY
[http://www.dido.mypetpages.net

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2005, 01:21:15 AM »
I find that my 2 are only at their happiest in one place.  Where is that?  Under my feet!  !! :lol:  :lol:   Cockers are the most incredibly sociable breed of dog, and while they do occasionally like their 'quiet' time, it's usually somewhere they can still see you :lol: .  If you spend a lot of time in your garden then your cocker will want to be there too, but will usually follow you back inside as soon as you leave.  It's nice to be loved :rolleyes:  :lol: .

You stand on your cocker?

:o  ;)  

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2005, 07:58:55 AM »

Hi, I have two cockers, both are like my little shadows, where I go - they go! :rolleyes:  If I'm in the kitchen, they're sat by the fridge :rolleyes: , if I'm in the garden, they think they're helping me by digging me some holes  :P  If I'm in the lounge, they're sat on me :lol:  and when I'm in bed they're in bed  :D

I think I'd have a job putting them in a run in the garden, they'd cry so much, the neighbours would think I was torturing them! :o  :lol:

Your pic of Molly is gorgeous!!!! your girlfriend is one lucky lady  :D  
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

Offline Tracey J

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2005, 09:37:35 AM »
·._.·´¯),Feb 15 2005, 02:21 AM]
I find that my 2 are only at their happiest in one place.  Where is that?  Under my feet!  !! :lol:  :lol:   Cockers are the most incredibly sociable breed of dog, and while they do occasionally like their 'quiet' time, it's usually somewhere they can still see you :lol: .  If you spend a lot of time in your garden then your cocker will want to be there too, but will usually follow you back inside as soon as you leave.  It's nice to be loved :rolleyes:  :lol: .

You stand on your cocker?

:o  ;)
Yip, I got 2 so I'd have a matching pair of slippers! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2005, 06:10:32 PM »
Hi, I have two cockers, both are like my little shadows
:) Hi and welcome to COL I have two blue roan girls and they are my shadows too, but would'nt have it any other way!  :wub:

Good luck with your search x
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline Georgie

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2005, 06:10:06 PM »
Hi,

Welcome to COL :D

Jordy and Bailey x

*edited to add picture of Bailey before haircut lol :D  
From Georgie and Bailey xxx

Offline tobycat

• Site Member
    • Elmonts Online
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2005, 06:56:52 PM »
Yip, I got 2 so I'd have a matching pair of slippers!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: What happens when they run in opposite directions though?  :lol:  
http://www.justgiving.com/lizelmont
"On judgement day if God should say, "Did you clean your house today?"
I will say, "I did not, I played with my dogs and I forgot." Anon.