Author Topic: Could this be a sting?  (Read 567 times)

Offline woodlander

Could this be a sting?
« on: September 08, 2011, 01:01:59 PM »
we have just got back from the beach having had a lovely walk.  Sweep charges up the garden as she usually does on our return only to rush back into the kitchen and immediately favouring her front paw licking and almost frantically pulling at it.  I can't see anything obvious sticking into it but wondering if she may have stepped on a sleepy wasp in the garden.
 >:D >:D
As a precaution I have given her 1 teaspoon of Piriton liquid and she has just eaten the remains of her breakfast.  She certainly seems much calmer now and although still licking her paw a bit has just settled in her basket.

Should I be doing anything else?  should I give some more Piriton this evening?  Thanks COLers

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
Re: Could this be a sting?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 02:23:25 PM »
how is she with nettles?
helen & jarvis x

Offline woodlander

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 09:11:01 PM »
Don't think she has ever been stung by nettles.  She seems ok tonite but still licking her paw on and off.  I think there is also a problem with her muzzle seems to have come up in bumps and she is rubbing it on the floor.  May have to be a visit to the VET tomorrow. 

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 10:59:12 PM »
It's looking more like she's had a run in with some nettles especially if there are multiple jabs but this could also be a reaction to getting jabbed with pine needles.

Hopefully she'll be over the worst of it by tomorrow but it would certainly be worth checking that area of the garden just in case.

Offline siam

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 08:39:34 AM »
Just been reading this after posting about my cocker Alfie having mega licks at a paw, not behaving normally and appearing very flat and wondering if he's stumbled on a sleepy wasp. He's already on Piriton for a tummy rash so if it is that it should help. How's Sweep now? Is she behaving normally? Am just wondering if she's appearing a bit off colour like Alfie?

Offline woodlander

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 02:14:54 PM »
Sweep seems much better today thanks - not licking paw or rubbing her muzzle.  We have been for a walk on the beach this morning so hopefully all is ok.  INteresting comment about pine needles - our garden is covered with at the moment from the storm last tuesday.  I have also spotted some offending stingers in the undergrowth behind a bush that she likes to investigate so may have to get the gardening gloves on and deal with them.

'ello Alfie, Sweep ere.  Them stingers are 'orrid, so are them nasty buzzy waspie fings that I likes chasing.  Hope you is feelin' better soon.. love Sweep x

Offline siam

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 04:21:06 PM »

'ello Alfie, Sweep ere.  Them stingers are 'orrid, so are them nasty buzzy waspie fings that I likes chasing.  Hope you is feelin' better soon.. love Sweep x

'eloo Sweep, glad u iz feelin bettir. Iz not yet - just back fwom VET, hav infecshin between ma toe-toes, meybe cozd bi nastee bee, gwass seed or cut. Mamee's giveen me aunty biotics and cweem so hope I be bettir soon. Luv Alfie x x