Author Topic: Hello there  (Read 646 times)

Offline ria-and-baxter

Hello there
« on: September 20, 2011, 04:51:52 PM »
Hello

I've been keeping an eye on this site for a while and as it gets closer to me and the bloke picking up our first pup, I thought I'd better register as it sounds like it might help keep the sanity for those initial 4.30am wake up calls!!

We will be picking up Baxter, a black and tan working cocker in November, bonfire weekend...although we'll be leaving him at the breeders on the saturday night to avoid his first experience of his new owners being loud and scary!!!!

Good to meet you all

Offline redlottie

Re: Hello there
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 05:06:04 PM »
Hello and welcome :D

I bet you are very excited.  I am Charlotte and I have 2 working cockers - Otto is liver and white and is 2 years and 3 months and Albie is Black and is 1 year and 1 month.  Neither of mine have ever been bothered by fireworks but I know that many are so a wise decision to leave him experience that with the breeder.

Good luck with your countdown you will find lots of great advice on here.

Offline Danni and Freya

• Freya
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 05:19:17 PM »
Hiya and welcome  :lol: I have a two year old worker girlie called Freya, she means the absolute world to me  :luv: :luv:

Its going to feel like a loooong wait until you pick your bundle of fun up  :005:

I only wish I had found COL before I collected Freya, shes my first dog and so it was a steep learning curve without the help and support from this forum. Its been a absolute godsend for me so enjoy reading up on all you need to and ask any questions you need to, someone here always has the answer  :blink:

Offline Megan Ffion

• Megan Ffion
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 08:33:45 PM »
Hi and welcome to COL.  What an exciting time it is getting ready for Baxter to come home to you in November.

We are owned by Megan a six year old solid black rescue litte girl who has brought so much happiness to us and who we love dearly  You will find this site more than helpful with any problems that you might have and all the colleagues are very friendly.

November wont be too long.

Love,
Remembering Our Sweet Megan

Offline Pauline T

• Charlie Boy
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 10:08:34 PM »
Hi  Welcome to COL.  :D November will come sooner than you think with all the preparations for the new pup. Hope to hear and see pics all about him when he does.

I am owned by Charlie a 6yr old orange & white show type. ;)
Pauline & Charlie xx
A dog can say more with a quick wag of his tail than many people who talk for hours. - Louis Armstrong

Offline cangrejo

• Charlie & Dexter, my beautiful boys xx
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 10:14:01 PM »
Hello and welcome, I hope the wait till your pup arrives doesn't feel too long.

2 show types here, Charlie (21 months) and Dexter (13 weeks), I wish I'd joined when Charlie was a pup as it's a really useful and friendly forum.

Looking forward to seeing piccies of Baxter  :luv:
Rosie, Charlie & Dexter xxx
Charlie 31/12/09
Dexter 17/06/11

Offline jennycockerspaniel

• Donator
  • A.I.O.H Jenny
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 10:22:16 PM »
Hello I have a black and tan show cocke rwho was 8 month when it was Nov 5th and she was fine  and my lovelly girl Jenny .we brought her home on Nov 4th and she didnt mind It wont be long now it s the last few days that seem to drag
Penny Black Jennys niece

Offline ria-and-baxter

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 11:33:34 PM »
Thanks for being so welcoming, it definitely feels like an age, we decided back in March that a working cocker was for us then wanted to wait until after summer holidays + find a good breeder close to home, which, living in St Ives, has taken some time to get the timing right so on the one hand we're more than ready, on the other, I don't doubt we'll wonder what hit us!  :005:
 Will post pics when we go to visit in early October, can't wait!