Author Topic: The Perfect Start to a Saturday Then.........  (Read 3629 times)

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
Re: The Perfect Start to a Saturday Then.........
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2011, 06:27:06 PM »
Just a quick update.

Ollie is full of beans and the jacket we bought him has worked a treat.

Bury Council are going to call me back. A photographer from the Bury Times is calling round this evening. They too have contacted the council who will have to comment.

Will let you know.

Roger

So pleased to read that Ollie's recovering well & his new jacket is helping to keep him a happy boy, by not having to wear that nasty collar  :luv: :lol2:

I'm also really pleased to hear that you have someone interested in the accident & are taking it seriously - if the railings get removed & you an apology (at the least   :police: ) then Ollie's trauma wouldn't of been for nothing & you've save other animals or people the same fate or perhaps worst (as a child I saw a dog impailed on railings  :'( )
Well done you on taking the time to follow it up  :clapping:
If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!

Offline starboy

• Site Member
  • Theo and Apollo
    • Starboy
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2011, 08:24:04 PM »
Really pleased Ollie is on the mend.  :luv: :luv:

It must have been so horrific for him and for you.   
From the Darby family

Offline maddy74

« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2011, 01:08:54 PM »
OMG Just read your thread.  I feel physically sick reading it and looking at the pics, i cant begin to imagine how you are all feeling. :'( Poor little Ollie. So pleased he is recovering so well. Big hugs from us xxxx

Offline PURPLE50

• Pearl
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2011, 02:13:18 PM »
I know this isn't quite the same but on Friday evening I was walking on the race course with Pearl when a woman came running over in a right state her puppy a black lab was bleeding badly I put Pearl on her lead and we managed to catch the lab he was bleeding from his leg he'd been running over the race course and cut himself on a broken bottle I applied pressure to the wound it was squirting out all over the woman was beside herself we called the vet and her daughter to collect her the lab had an operation that evening and is doing well the woman had never had a dog before and luckily had insurance Pearl and the lab were sooo good just laying beside each other while we waited for the transport I'm now a nervous reck and haven't been back to the race course since its a minefield out there folks please be carefullx

Offline redlottie

« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2011, 02:16:41 PM »
Glad Ollie is on the mend its a horrible thing to happen.  We had the same with Albie on Bank Holiday Monday when he ran into a tree which had a nail sticking out and he ripped his abdomen area open.  It's just so scary when it happens.  Good luck with the council and hope Ollie keeps smiling  ;)

Offline Pudding

• Donator
  • Bob My Love My Life
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2011, 02:46:49 PM »
OMG that's just terrible .... i hope the council do something about it

Bob and i are pleased Ollie is on the mend

Offline Sherlock

« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2011, 04:46:27 PM »
Oh god, how awful.  Well done you for getting him to the vets and patched up in time. I know how you must have felt seeing that wound and you reacted perfectly, keeping your head.

Sherlock trod on some broken glass on the beach last month and I was a useless wreck - don't know what I could have done if my OH and mum hadn't been there - it was all I could do to keep from fainting and my hands were shaking so much I couldn't even tie a knot around his paw.  It was a horrific and terrifying experience and it's left me really wondering how I'll cope if he has another accident.  I think I need to go on a first aid course or something...

So glad Ollie's recovering well, and congratulations for doing so well by him - he's a lucky pup!

Offline Tillymai

« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2011, 11:14:15 AM »
So pleased to hear Ollie is on the mend, it must have been a really frightening experience for you all. E x

Offline Ollie

« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2011, 08:36:39 PM »
Hi All,

Just a quick update on Ollie's progress.

He's doing well and the wound has finally stopped weeping. He's allowed a couple of short bursts off the lead every other day. The stitches come out this Friday. He's now recognised on every walk after our article and photo in the local newspaper.

http://www.burytimes.co.uk/news/9278355.Puppy_is_slashed_on_vandalised_fencing/

The Bury Times photographer called round late last Monday night. The next morning Eve wasn't feeling too good.....anyway to cut a long story short she was rushed into hospital on Tuesday evening and required emergency surgery for an acute appendicitis. It was removed in the early hours of Wednesday morning. So now we have two patients.

Not our best week to be honest. Just waiting for the local high school or council to take ownership of the incident.

Fingers crossed

Roger

Offline Loudon

• Donator
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2011, 08:59:20 PM »
Roger, I do wish Eve a quick recovery.

Also good luck with your Council. I worked for may years with a local council. If a council wishes it will have the patience and resources to put these kind of things into the long grass, as it were.

Time, and recovery of your two patients combined with the attitude of your council may test your resolve on this matter. My only suggestion would be to get your local Councillor to take up your case if necessary.

Again, good luck though.

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2011, 07:37:01 PM »
Good to hear that Ollie is on the mend.  Sorry to hear that Eve has had an op, hope she gets well soon.

Offline pennylopey

• Alfie 26/05/2011 - 31/07/2020
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2011, 09:27:36 AM »
Glad to hear Ollie is feeling better, hope he's fully recovered very soon! Poor Eve too, sounds like a scary time for you.

I also hope that something gets sorted with that spike, it's bad enough what happened to poor Ollie but for something to happen again would be unforgivable. :(
Missing Alfie 26/05/2011 - 31/07/2020

Offline Amy_and_Harry

« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2011, 09:34:23 AM »
Oh dear you've been through the mill this week havent you!!! Wishing Ollie and Eve a speedy recovery and hope you get somewhere with the council.

Amy, Harry & Blue

Offline Ollie

Finally
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2011, 09:57:27 PM »
Ollie has fully recovered now and his fur has now grown back. He's now the proud owner of a lovely scar ;)

Eve has now bounced back after her apendicitis and full of girl attitude.

Well its been a long battle >:( The local council directed me to the school and the school sent me to the council. To cut a long story short.... Our bank account has been credited for Ollie's treatment in full... The headmaster was a dog lover and after seeing the article, he agreed to pay for the bill as a "gesture of good will but not an admission of blame" Soon after the spikes were removed but the fence remains.

He's a little star. So proud of him after that scary incident. One I never want to experience again. Everyone asks how he's doing after starring in the local paper.

Thanks for all your comments throughout the ordeal. During Feb you will see our Ollie (black and white photo) bottom right of the COL calendar ;)

Regards

Roger

Offline penguins87

• My Girls- Beau,Lottie and Dora
« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2011, 02:23:20 PM »
So pleased to read that this thread had a happy ending .  :luv:
Although of course you and ollie could have done without the whole ordeal I'm sure

Well done for hanging in there .. All the best to olllie
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his
life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the
last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such
devotion."
--Unknown