Author Topic: How Did You Choose Your Puppies Names?  (Read 7492 times)

Offline tobycat

• Site Member
    • Elmonts Online
How Did You Choose Your Puppies Names?
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2005, 07:07:28 PM »
but there is no reason for her name we just couldn't think of any others that didnt sound like the names we all ready had

Thats a very good reason - you have to be so careful - a friend of mine with two springers called the first one Eley (after the shooting cartridges) and then when he got the new pup he wanted to call it Billy but had to change it after a few days because Eley kept answering to it :lol: So now he has Eley and Beck (after the lager) :lol:
http://www.justgiving.com/lizelmont
"On judgement day if God should say, "Did you clean your house today?"
I will say, "I did not, I played with my dogs and I forgot." Anon.

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2005, 07:12:35 PM »
:D Aw Emily - great names, I especially love Crystal  :wub:

Give them a big hug from us xxx
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

sweetie

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2005, 08:23:45 PM »
but there is no reason for her name we just couldn't think of any others that didnt sound like the names we all ready had

Thats a very good reason - you have to be so careful - a friend of mine with two springers called the first one Eley (after the shooting cartridges) and then when he got the new pup he wanted to call it Billy but had to change it after a few days because Eley kept answering to it :lol: So now he has Eley and Beck (after the lager) :lol:
[snapback]100887[/snapback]
:lol:  :lol:  a friend of ours has a springer too called jerry :lol:  :lol:

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2005, 08:33:16 PM »
:lol:  :lol:  a friend of ours has a springer too called jerry :lol:  :lol:
[snapback]100925[/snapback]

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :P
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2005, 08:54:14 PM »
Edited cos i hit the wrong button  :rolleyes:
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Sara

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2005, 02:43:35 PM »
Oleh was a wedding present to me from my husband and I really couldn't decide what to call him!  When we were on honeymoon in Indonesia there was a lovely dog on our resort called Oleh and his owner told me it meant present in Indonesian - so as he was a wedding present and the name was Indonesian that was it.

Now he always will remind me of my honeymoon !

Freddie (the one I couldn't say no to when we picked up Oleh) was named by my OH after Freddie Lundberg (Arsenal player) - how silly !

xx
Sara & Andy, Oleh & Freddie

Offline Emma&Harry

• Site Member
  • Avatar disabled by Pammy until it is resized ;)
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2005, 03:27:13 PM »
i always loved the name Harry for my first boy(as in child, not puppy) and then the Harry potter books came out and I love them, plus one of my parents puppies was called Harry (before his new owners called him murphey) and I adored him (too big for me though).

I did attempt to call him Henry at first but Harry just kept coming out so after  36 hours he became Harry! my sister is still upset that he not Jasper or Jarvis

Although he is Harold occasionally as well.

i think he was always going to be Harry, but he suits it very well :D  which is lucky!
xx my working cocker works very hard at being a lap dog xx

Offline Pipers Mummy

• Site Member
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2005, 02:27:41 AM »
Well, we actually were 'expecting' a boy and his name was decided way before collection date and I was allowed to pick it - Teddy (still love that name).  However, we  actually wanted a little girl and at the last minute Piper became available - talk about sleepless nights, we just could not decide and felt terrible because we both knew that whichever puppy came home with us would be very well looked after  :unsure:
Anyway, after several more visits we decided to bring the little girl home with us, the problem was that we had no idea what to call her.  Hubby said that as I had been allowed to choose Teddy's name, he should be able to choose her name......  I really liked Bella and Peachie but OH was having none of it.  OH flies light aircraft - one of which is a Piper Cherokee and he just came out with 'Piper' and that was it really - he liked it, I thought it was okay and it stuck  :rolleyes:  I do like her name but I do wish she had a bit more of a girly name - most people call her a 'he'  :blink:  My next girl's gonna be called Ruby though DEFINITELY  ;)
Cocker Kisses from Louise & Piper xxx

Offline lynnebr

• Site Member
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2005, 07:28:40 AM »
Mya was the one and only name I had picked. I knew I wanted a bitch and as soon as I saw her at the breeders in amongst her 7 brothers and sisters at 5 weeks old. I just knew that was Mya :wub:  :wub: .
I liked the name,  one of the children I cared for at nursery was called Maya, so I took her name for my dog :ph34r:  :ph34r: .
Lynne and Mya xx

Offline LoveCatz

• Site Member
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2005, 02:18:48 PM »
Freddie (the one I couldn't say no to when we picked up Oleh) was named by my OH after Freddie Lundberg (Arsenal player) - how silly !

I couldn't agree more but only because I havea OH who would do exactly the same thing if we were having aboy but it would be after a Man U player. We had thought about having a Westie and he wanted to call that Fergus - I wonder why!

Offline taniac

• Site Member
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2005, 05:29:26 PM »
Me and the OH loved the film The Matrix so when we got our first dog he had to be 'Neo'.. The intention was to get a bitch and call her Trinity, but ended up with another dog...  

We had big discussions for weeks about the name, I thought we'd settled on McLeod from Highlander however when we went to pick him up, OH caved in and let me call him Jovi (after Jon Bon Jovi).

The cat is Maverick after Tom Cruise in Top Gun

:lol:  :lol:

One day I'll have my black cocker and he'll be Morpheus
Tania
(Neo and Jovi's Mum)

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2005, 05:42:04 PM »
  I really liked Bella and Peachie but OH was having none of it.  OH flies light aircraft - one of which is a Piper Cherokee and he just came out with 'Piper' and that was it really
[snapback]101403[/snapback]

Peachie ?  :o No wonder your husband went looking for other names. :D  I think Piper is a great name.  :)

Offline DIANNE32

• Site Member
    • http://www.DIDO.mypetpages.net
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2005, 07:07:04 PM »
:P We couldn't think of a name for Bailey when we got him, so we put (dogs names) in to the search engine and it was a toss up between Bailey, Logan or Jasper. As you are all well aware we chose Bailey, he just didnt look like a logan or a jasper when we got him.  Looking back at pictures when he was 6 weeks old we should have called him sweep as his face was the spitting double of sweep from sooty and sweep. :lol:
DIANNE,CHRIS, BAILEY & EBONY
[http://www.dido.mypetpages.net

Offline LoveCatz

• Site Member
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2005, 04:12:45 PM »
LOL Dianne but he is gorgeous.

Offline Becky

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2005, 10:26:18 PM »
Danny is simply Daniel the spaniel.  We had a sleepless night after discussing names before lights out.  Just as I was dropping off OH whispered "Daniel the Spaniel", and I spent the rest of the night in fits of giggles, but it stuck :lol: .  Ollie was named after the golfer Jose Maria Olazabal :rolleyes: , but I liked Brian, and Steve joked about Wayne, after Rooney.  Good job we didn't go for that, as he defected to Man U shortly after :D .

I'm with your OH, Lovecatz, Roxy sounds great, but Ebony is lovely too. :D
Love Becky, Danny and Ollie!