Author Topic: How Did You Choose Your Puppies Names?  (Read 7508 times)

Offline kaycollins95

• Site Member
How Did You Choose Your Puppies Names?
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2005, 11:34:52 PM »
AJ was named so because my 6 year old daughter had autism and comes out with the strangest things .
when we said she could choose a name she said she wanted to call her african jewel which we thought was sweet so we shortend it to aj!

Offline Terriw1957

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2005, 09:43:24 AM »
The reason we picked Webster was when I phoned my husband to say I'd found a black cocker which we would collect he was working on an account called "WEBSTER"  when we collected him it just seemed to suit, if it hadn't I think he may well have been called after some footballer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline clairep4

• Site Member
  • The Two Muppeteers!
    • Chow Bella Pet Bowls
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2005, 10:00:27 AM »
Bella was almost called Scrumper (she does get called this sometimes) and then almost called Miss Babs (after the character in Acorn Antiques). Miss Babs would suit her quite well, too, but when we went to see her at 3 weeks old she was so beautiful that we chose Bella - the other week an Italian policeman saw her and said "she really is bella" so it suits her!

It gets a bit confusing sometimes though because one of my cats' nicknames is Bellysag (Zigzag Bellysag to be precise) but if I say that now, Bella comes running as she answers to anything with Bell in it (Bellbells, Bellykins, Bellzapup to name but a few...) so we are having to strictly stick to Zigzag for the cat!  :P
Claire, Bella & Zorro - the two muppeteers!
Tellington TTouch Practitioner P1
www.tellingtontouch.org.uk

Offline Pipers Mummy

• Site Member
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2005, 11:00:41 AM »
  I really liked Bella and Peachie but OH was having none of it.  OH flies light aircraft - one of which is a Piper Cherokee and he just came out with 'Piper' and that was it really
[snapback]101403[/snapback]

Peachie ?  :o No wonder your husband went looking for other names. :D  I think Piper is a great name.  :)
[snapback]101617[/snapback]

Oh, okay then - Peachie-pumpkin is a bit of a wussy name I suppose. Glad you like Piper though  :D
Cocker Kisses from Louise & Piper xxx

Offline JoHarborne

• Site Member
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2005, 12:39:37 PM »
We ummed and aaahed for ages before we finally decided on Woody.  We also liked Max but it kept appearing on websites as the most popular dog's name in this country and I didn't want to shout "MAAAAX" and get 15 different dogs!

My H and I aren't planning on having any children and feeling a tad guilty at the lack of grandchildren we'd be producing, we asked my father if we could use his middle name "Braidwood" for our dog and shorten it to Woody.  We thought he might be a bit offended but he didn't seem to mind!  When the papers came back from the Kennel Club, there was already a Braidwood (what?!  how?!) so he's officially Weyhill Woodbraid.

And as for now, he gets called Woo, Wooooobeeeeee, Mr Woo, Woody Woodkins, Mr Woody or most commonly Hairy Bear when we haven't visited Tracey for a trim!!  :lol:
Jo, Woody\'s owner

Offline lizzy

• Site Member
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2005, 03:12:31 PM »
Peachie- pumpkin has a nice ring to it! lol :lol: I love the name Piper I think it suits the little lady! ;)

Lizzy Molly and Evie

Offline Pipers Mummy

• Site Member
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2005, 09:18:17 PM »
Peachie- pumpkin has a nice ring to it! lol :lol: I love the name Piper I think it suits the little lady! ;)
[snapback]103710[/snapback]

Awww, thanks Lizzie  :D
Cocker Kisses from Louise & Piper xxx

Offline Georgie

• Site Member
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2005, 09:41:17 AM »
Choosing Bailey's name was a bit unusual. It suits him, though. We were wandering round a gift-type shop, when my mum spotted a little cocker spaniel toy. I was obviously mad on cocker spaniels, so I picked it up and just had to buy it :rolleyes: At home I was cutting all the tags off, when I noticed it said it's name was "Bailey", and I really liked it. So that's how Bailey became Bailey :D People also look a bit  :huh: at me when I tell them his name is Bailey, but looking around COL, Bailey's quite a common name!
From Georgie and Bailey xxx

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2005, 11:46:22 AM »
.......... Bailey, but looking around COL, Bailey's quite a common name!
[snapback]105967[/snapback]

Not "common" but "popular"!!!!! :P

And I love it too, but couldn't possibly name any future cockers with another name starting with B, I'm having enough trouble with Buddy and Ben, our son.

Would just fuel those "senior moments" :P

Offline tobycat

• Site Member
    • Elmonts Online
« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2005, 11:57:57 AM »
And I love it too, but couldn't possibly name any future cockers with another name starting with B, I'm having enough trouble with Buddy and Ben, our son.

At least you have an excuse with both names starting with the same letter. For the last couple of weeks I've kept calling Oscar "Sam" :blink:  :lol:  :rolleyes:
http://www.justgiving.com/lizelmont
"On judgement day if God should say, "Did you clean your house today?"
I will say, "I did not, I played with my dogs and I forgot." Anon.

Offline LoveCatz

• Site Member
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2005, 01:59:15 PM »
There are such lovely to go with your lovely dogs. I have made no end of suggestions but OH only seems to like Roxy and maybe Ruby.

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2005, 02:50:05 PM »
We named "Billy" as he was the last of the litter when we went to collect him. He was sat all on his own and looked very lonely. We joked that he was "Billy no mates", but then realied that we liked the name Billy  :)

Offline Georgie

• Site Member
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2005, 03:56:07 PM »
There are such lovely to go with your lovely dogs. I have made no end of suggestions but OH only seems to like Roxy and maybe Ruby.
[snapback]106053[/snapback]

I love the name Roxy for a girl. Bailey's cousin is called Roxy - it really suits her! Ruby's nice too.
From Georgie and Bailey xxx

Offline dreamcatcher

• Site Member
« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2005, 09:57:29 PM »
:)  I love the name ebony but im bound to say that because that is what my rabbit is called. we got shilohs name of a childrens video about a beagle dog my son came up with it straight away when we were discussing names and i fell in love with it nobody else in my family liked it but now they have got used to it they all like it so go with your first choice.

:)  :)  :)  :)
TANYA AND SHILOH

Offline wahm

• Site Member
« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2005, 11:33:55 AM »
We chose Barley because it really suited him and just popped into my head!!!.
Previously we had a bulldog called Sam short for Fat Sam!.

We have 2 cats called Mufin and Simba~both persians so they suit their names too!.

I love Millie,Tillie and Lottie~~~ my daughter is Lottie so i am biased!.

Here is a list of names given to various pets over the years buy our children(not all belonged to us):

Ratattack ~~erm...a RAT
Munchie~~Hamster
Mulan~~Cat
Winston~~Cat
George~~Cat
Luther~~Dog
Chloe~~Cat
Matilda~~Guinea Pig
Angel~~Rabbit
Lola~~Rabbit
Ginger~~Guinea Pig
Joe~~Pony
Totty~~Cat
Lucky~~Cat
Barney~~Mad boxer dog

After looking at this site all 3 of my childrens names seem popular Cocker names:Lottie,Oliver and Finley!

Good luck,
Sue x

Sue & Barley Boo[/size][/font]