Author Topic: New forum member  (Read 1435 times)

Offline Alex Reeves

New forum member
« on: November 05, 2011, 10:05:24 AM »
Hi all, just joined today, my husband Iandar Reeves has also joined.  We have a beautiful working cocker, Bella, who is three and a half years old, she is mainly black with a white flash under her chin and down her neck. As my husband has explained we got her from a local farmer who had breed her and trained her for the gun, but she was gun shy, so we were the fortunate couple who now own this adorable cocker. We live in  Aberdeenshire,  (we have lived here for 18 years).  Our great passion is walking, (and if course Bella shares this with us!) and we are right in the middle of the best walking areas in the UK (at least we think so).  My husband has already expanded on us, so I wont bore you with a repeat.

Pleased to be on the forum, and looking forward to getting to know you all, and of course your gorgeous cockers.

Alex

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
Re: New forum member
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 10:51:27 AM »
Hello and welcome to COL :D

I live at the opposite end of the UK to you, in Hampshire, with 2 show type Cockers, 7 year old orange roan William and 2 year old blue roan and tan Louis.

I've only ever been to Scotland once, many years ago, but loved it. We have a great walking area too, the New Forest.

Offline Alex Reeves

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 11:16:56 AM »
Thanks for your welcome to the forum, your  boys are gorgeous!  I have never been to the New Forest, but it is on our to go list! 

Alex   

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 11:35:14 AM »
Hi there, just said hello to your hubby so thought I'd better welcome you too!  Bella sounds lovely :luv:  I only have the one - a 22 month old show type called Odie.  I adore springers too, my mam had one before her whippet and I'd love a springer as a friend for Odie but hubby says no :'(  Hope you enjoy the forum, lots to read (and buy - beware if you like boots - you WILL be sucked into buying some ph34r :005:).  Lesley
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline Liz F

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 12:57:43 PM »

Hi & welcome to COL

Im Liz and live just outside Durham, im owned by Diesel 4 year old blue roan & Olli 3 year old blue roan & tan.

Bella is gorgeous  :luv:

Liz, Olli & Diesel xx

Offline The crazy hut

• Donator
  • I looooove chocklit
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2011, 01:05:11 PM »
Hello,

I'm Laura and I'm owned by Wisp a  rescue choc roan (unemployed) worker  :005:
Wisp was also trained to the gun (in his previous life) so we have great fun around the fireworks season when he goes off hunting for fallen birds  :005:

I am also in Bonnie Scotland, but a bit further south in West Lothian.
Wisp, Perri and Ambi

Offline lisalh

• Donator
  • Fred
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2011, 01:59:58 PM »
Hi and welcome to COL, I am also lucky enough to live in N Scotland (but not so keen on walking up the hills) and have 2 non working workers called Fred and Kooki, hope you enjoy the site
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

Offline seaangler

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2011, 02:18:00 PM »
Hi Ya..And also a big welcome from me also..and a big welcome to your Ho as well i could do with a few more men members..get out numbered from time to time with all thease lovly ladys ladys on this forum ;) :shades:

So you are from Scotland i hear..Are second home up there...Apart from them dam miges..(No wonder there are so meany down hear in England ;) We go to Scotland at lease two time a year...Early in the year with Loch and glends holidays...And also up on are own for two weeks of the year ..west coast most of the time...Had wal to wal sunshine this year just out side Oban...Any way hope you like C.O.L..Chris

Gemma..Cindy And peggy

Offline Megan Ffion

• Megan Ffion
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2011, 02:46:41 PM »
Hi! Alex and welcome to COL

We are owned by a beautiful solid black rescue called Megan, the light of our lives.

Love to see photos of Bella at some time.

Enjoy the forum.

Gwyneth Colin and Megan
Remembering Our Sweet Megan

Offline ElaineH

• Donator
  • Handsome Morgan 19/06/2008 - 03/03/2024
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2011, 02:31:57 PM »
I've just replied to your husband's thread so I thought I'd say hello to you too! We live in Hampshire but originally hailed from Co. Durham and often strayed into Scottish territory for day-trips and holidays in years past. Bella is very beautiful  :luv: aren't you lucky that she was gun-shy!
"Histories are more full of examples of the fidelity of dogs than of friends"  Alexander Pope

Offline B52

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2011, 03:24:56 PM »
Hello - Welcome to COL

I'm Lesley with Bracken - Golden Worker

We are in West Lothian -

Check out the next COL walk happening in Scotland, a whole bunch of us meeting up at The Hermitage, near Dunkeld -Sunday 20th

Offline Pauline T

• Charlie Boy
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2011, 06:16:28 AM »
Hi Welcome to COL. :D
We are way down south in Dorset. I am owned by Charlie a 6yr old orange & white show type.  ;)
Pauline & Charlie xx
A dog can say more with a quick wag of his tail than many people who talk for hours. - Louis Armstrong

Offline Alex Reeves

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2011, 01:17:51 PM »
Just like to thank you all for your kind words of welcome.  I am looking forward to chatting with you all in the future.

Alex

Offline c19unn

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2011, 09:14:45 AM »
Hi and welcome to COL

My name is Charlene and i am in West Lothian :)
I am trained and owned by my lovely 7 month old Black and White Show type Diesel  :luv:

Oh yeah you should defo check out the meet - lots of fun and lots of cockers  :005:

Charlene and Diesel xx
My Mummy's name is Charlene
My name is Diesel

Diesel DOB:16-04-11

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2011, 01:27:42 PM »
Hi Alex :D
Just telling your mr that you obviously
adore wee Bella :luv:
How lucky for you that she's gun shy :021:
anyhoo we are in Yorkshire;
steff, mr steff and Ellie the cocker,
she's our first cocker and we are smitten too!
There are loads of Scottish CoL folk on here,
so you might get a meet-up too!
steffxxx