Author Topic: This Ruby may be Stubborn but i WILL win... i think  (Read 1701 times)

Offline mlynnf50

• Donator
Re: This Ruby may be Stubborn but i WILL win... i think
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2011, 01:58:41 PM »
Selby did this at about 8 months, I changed his kibble and that didn't work, I tried putting gravy on and that didn't work, tried everything eventually changed him over to raw food, and now he loves his meal time, we have never looked back. Dont know if it works for all.

Hope you can get it sorted x

Offline Sara_Clara

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2011, 04:53:29 PM »
Pebbles, 8 months, has just started doing exactly the same as Ruby  >:(  I now pick it up after 10 mins and don't offer again till the next meal.  Driving me mad and I really don't want to change her food.  She does have a few rawhide type chews and tripe sticks though as it helps to stop her chewing the furniture so I'm sure that's not helping.  Vicious circle really and hope it will improve with age.
Puppy Colour: Chocolate Sable Roan
Puppy DOB: 25.02.24
Puppy Name: Murphy
Mummy Name:  Sara

Offline rubytuesday007

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2011, 04:42:51 PM »
we have had a small progress today but with a bit of a compromise.... my OH committed the ultimate sin and put half a pouch of tinned type food into her kibble! >:D think he was sick of me fretting! and the lot was wolfed down this morning i chopped some cucumber and carrot in her kibble and surprise surprise most eaten what wasn't eaten I put in a kibble ball and she ate it! tonight she's had moist kibble with cucumber and some tuna again most gone the rest we've just played a game with and eaten no bother!! maybe she is just bored? of boring same old moist kibble! a friend has recommended Harrington's kibble so i'm going to get some off her tomorrow and see if we can add that to the kibble see how she goes if variety around her kibble is whats needed is there an inexpensive but good tinned food we can try? she loves natural yoghurt and banana and cheese but cheese she's not too good with a lot and i try and keep that as my high value reward when training. Thank you to everyone for all your ideas we are currently saving any cardboard tubes to hide kibble in ! the things we do for out cockers!

Offline SteveB

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2011, 04:52:37 PM »
ours are fed on Skinners but we always add something to it.
As I posted in the other thread just some stock we have made up, minced liver, sardines. We are also quite lucky in our butcher gives us offcuts and I mince that up lasts a couple of weeks in the fridge and freezer (you would not believe what we get it can take a good hour just mincing) usually made up of chicken breast, steak, beef trimmings.   Trouble with canned food if you read the label something like 75%  of it is good old water

Offline Jonnydog

• Donator
  • Penny Black - b. 7/5/2011
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2011, 05:02:41 PM »
I put salmon oil on Penny's kibble and it's been going down a treat. She's also moved onto the adult Burns which she seems to prefer. I've also found yoghurt helps her to get started, and like you, putting some kibble into a treat ball or kong works too. Despite being a fussy eater she's gaining weight steadily.

Jess - my little companion 2003-2011

Offline karen488

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2011, 05:08:22 PM »
I might be wrong but would have thought that leaving it down for 30 mins is a bit long. Darcey used to be like this but I only left it down for 10 mins. Now Bingleys here if she left it for 1 second it would be gone. Miracle of all miracles she's never left a grain of Kibble since getting him  :huh:

Offline rubytuesday007

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2011, 05:27:57 PM »
Maybe i should tell oh i need a new puppy to make Ruby eat her dinner  ;) :005:

Offline rubytuesday007

Re: This Ruby may be Stubborn but i WILL win... i think update woohoo!!
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2011, 05:04:41 PM »
we have a break through..... i have tried Ruby on Harrington's lamb and rice.. we are on 50/50 with her old kibble to make a slow changeover but so far 4 meals in she's wolfing the lot down straight with a tiny bit of water... if she gets bored of lamb and rice they also do a turkey flavour! will i have problams switching between flavours?? here's to fingers crossed and hope at the end of the tunnel  :luv: