Author Topic: 10 week old Puppy How much food  (Read 10205 times)

Offline mgemma

10 week old Puppy How much food
« on: December 26, 2011, 01:24:15 PM »
Hi everyone,

I new to this board as we have just got a puppy cocker spaniel one week ago, he was 10 weeks old on Saturday and is currently having three meals a day and is still hungry after his food what is the recommend amount to feed.

Thanks x

Offline Karma

• Site Member
Re: 10 week old Puppy How much food
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 01:38:54 PM »

It depends on what you are feeding, as all foods are different.
Though I think Honey was still on 4 meals a day until 12 weeks...

Did you get a diet advice sheet from your breeder??
Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 01:44:50 PM »
Our puppies have 4 meals a day until they're 4 months old. You should have received a detailed diet sheet from your breeder giving suggested amounts & frequency of meals but if you haven't, try the suggested amounts on the bag of whichever food you're giving (these are just a guide though as all pups are different, some need more and some less than the amounts recommended)
Jane

Offline mgemma

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 02:08:31 PM »
No we didn't get a sheet from the breeder he is on pets at home own brand food at the moment and that suggest around 500g per day, what do you all feed your puppies on.

Thanks  x

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2011, 10:23:43 PM »
No we didn't get a sheet from the breeder he is on pets at home own brand food at the moment and that suggest around 500g per day, what do you all feed your puppies on.

Thanks  x

Jinley is on Arden Grange (if you email them from their website they will send you some samples).  How much to feed also depends on your puppies weight.  Also find out when your pup was last wormed.  You could give your breeder a call, they should offer you some aftercare advice?  Some of the better foods work out more economical as you dont feed as much.  Others will be able to give you more advice.

Pat

Offline LinziS

• Erin
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 01:46:51 PM »
Tilly is 10 weeks old and is fed 4 times a day..breakfast of porridge or weetabix...arden grange 40g for lunch...arden grange 40g + sardine or little chicken for dinner and 40g again at suppertime...is now clearing every meal so will gradually increase kibble allowance

My dogs are heartbeats at my feet

Offline karen488

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, 02:52:43 PM »
Ha  :005: Bingley is always starving. but he is a big boy and growing nicely. Wouldn't worry about under feeding unless they arenot growing or over feeding unless they are fat :) Just go with the guidlines on the bag. (I have really worried about under feeding Bingley as he is the hungriest animal I have ever met!!!!)

Offline cangrejo

• Charlie & Dexter, my beautiful boys xx
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2011, 05:37:10 PM »
Mine both came on Royal Canin Junior Medium with detailed diet and care sheets from our breeder. Once they had been with us for a while I moved them onto James Wellbeloved, luckily they both like the same one and both do well on it.

I would just follow the guidelines on the bag, I weigh their food at each meal to make sure I'm not over or under feeding them.
Rosie, Charlie & Dexter xxx
Charlie 31/12/09
Dexter 17/06/11

Offline jennyspin

• Site Member
  • my gorgeous Boyd & Jitka at Master Groom 2012
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2011, 06:11:55 PM »
At that age I would defo have him on four meals a day. Shame the breeder didn't give you more advice about things but folks on here are great and will help you all they can. We feed Skinners but also add in chicken and best beef mince as well. They have treats of Pedigree gravy bones and baby rusks!  :D
Sandlauga cockers
Never assume anything...except an occasional air of intelligence! The Sheriff to Guy of Gisbourne (Richard Carpenter, Robin or Sherwood, Rip 27/02/2012, a writing talent who will be missed).