Author Topic: Hi, looking for my First Cocker  (Read 4963 times)

Offline annie59

Re: Hi, looking for my First Cocker
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2012, 12:14:33 PM »
Hello everyone, first night was very good indeed , better than i expected, i did put Baileys  crate at the bottom of my bed though, hes decided he doesnt go to the toilet outside, but by my back door, he is lightening quick , hoovers his food , doesnt chew it,and its  dried complete ,I dont know how im going to get him to go wee out side, Please can someone help! i dont know how to post photos, Thanks

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2012, 12:28:17 PM »
Hi,glad you got through the
first night ok.
I think you probably need to
do puppy toilet training with him
even though he's a bit older as
you don't know what he's used to.
Have a look in the "Puppies"section,
also if you need advice that's the place to
post your question ;)
steffxxx

Offline annie59

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2012, 12:41:27 PM »

Offline Ebbysmum

• Donator
  • Lexi 5, Ebony 4, Maddie 1 and Gracie 2
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2012, 12:43:06 PM »
Hi congratulations on your new fur baby, he is gorgeous  :luv: :luv:
www.saltdogstudios.co.uk  www.facebook.com/saltdogstudios
Handmade Dog Collars, Leads and Accessories

Offline annie59

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2012, 12:43:54 PM »

Offline annie59

« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2012, 12:45:58 PM »
well Bailey is certainly making himself at home,now on to puppy proofing all wires and cable s

Offline annie59

« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2012, 12:54:58 PM »
Bailey is booked in with the vet on Monday, for a check up, he may have to start his vaccinations again as there was a lapse after the first 2, Hopefuly all will be well,and the vet finds him in goodhealthy, all i can say is hes a live wire happy , with an enormous appetite,i will have to go and lean all about training him now x

Offline pipkoi

• Donator
  • Butch-my First Cocker Spaniel 18.02.67 - 28.06.75
    • Dylan's Blog
Welcome Home Bailey
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2012, 01:05:27 PM »
Welcome home Bailey. You look as though you have fallen on your feet :D and you look very handsome :luv: :luv:
Take your time getting to know one another and don't fret over toilet training etc. It will come together. Don't think he's 4 months old, he should be doing this, this and this. Hes obviously had a big upheaval and will take some time to settle.
Keep the pictures coming and many congratulations
Pip, Dylan, Charlie, Teagan & Kai
Remembering Butch, Brin, Simba, Toby, Jasper, Jarvis, Jake,  Bayley, Sailor & Foxy - my forever bridge babies

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
Re: Welcome Home Bailey
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2012, 01:08:42 PM »
Welcome home Bailey. You look as though you have fallen on your feet :D and you look very handsome :luv: :luv:
Take your time getting to know one another and don't fret over toilet training etc. It will come together. Don't think he's 4 months old, he should be doing this, this and this. Hes obviously had a big upheaval and will take some time to settle.
Keep the pictures coming and many congratulations

That is exactly true. Also you don't know what kind of training he's had before. Just because someone else's dog can do X doesn't mean yours will but it doesn't mean it's wrong he can't. Some will take longer than others to do things. Just go at his pace and keep up the good work.
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline annie59

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2012, 01:59:37 PM »
Thank you everyone, , he is so adoreable,
.Charlie is gorgeous and so what i had in mind when i first started my search,Now we have our Bailey and  Bailey found me , so here we are and so far so good,its ghastly weather here so i dont want to stay out too long with him, hopefully lots of short trips to the garden will help with the training,I wont rest until ive had his check at the vets on Monday.

Offline emma_and_tilly

« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2012, 02:20:49 PM »
I'm really pleased its going well...... It will take time with house training etc but it's worth it in the end!  :D

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2012, 02:26:25 PM »
Only just seen this thread.

Well it sounds to me that the previous owner "bit off more than she could chew", anyway you have him now and he does look gorgeous. Good luck.
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2012, 02:56:06 PM »

FWIW from your first posts you have exactly the opposite of what you said you wanted - a blue roan show cocker girl. 

I have to also ask why the family didn't return the pup to the breeder?  Probably because they would get money from him by selling him on via an ad I guess  :-\

He looks a nice puppy, but not the show cocker you were after at all.
helen & jarvis x

Offline Jonnydog

• Donator
  • Penny Black - b. 7/5/2011
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2012, 03:42:26 PM »
Aww he looks lovely! When i was looking for Jess i didn't know there were two different strains of cocker and i was expecting her to be like a show type, but when i saw her and saw her mum I was smitten, so a working cocker I got. I never regretted getting a worker for a minute. She was a darling all her life. Sometimes the right dog for you just comes along. Enjoy wee Bailey, and don't worry about the toilet training. Get plenty of kitchen roll, some disposable gloves, and give it time. He'll soon get the idea. He's just had a big upheavel in his life and will be a bit confused.

Jess - my little companion 2003-2011

Offline annie59

« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2012, 04:24:50 PM »
Aww he looks lovely! When i was looking for Jess i didn't know there were two different strains of cocker and i was expecting her to be like a show type, but when i saw her and saw her mum I was smitten, so a working cocker I got. I never regretted getting a worker for a minute. She was a darling all her life. Sometimes the right dog for you just comes along. Enjoy wee Bailey, and don't worry about the toilet training. Get plenty of kitchen roll, some disposable gloves, and give it time. He'll soon get the idea. He's just had a big upheavel in his life and will be a bit confused.
Thanks, yes good idea  about the kitchen roll i will have to stock up,as i said in an earlier postI think  Bailey found me,and that was our destiny, , ive found out  his mum is a working type and Dad a show type so i guess i go from mum and Bailey is a working type ?, he is adorable, hopefully when Bailey is older i can get my show type cocker then, for now im smitten with him,i got him out just in time with the toilet buisness, and gave him a treat after, he s so gorgeous, been a sleep on my knee for a while, now hes darting from chair to chair, hes brightened my day, and although not what i had in mind initially , I am honoured to have him .