Author Topic: Awful night  (Read 1135 times)

Offline jaybee

• Donator
Awful night
« on: March 09, 2012, 05:38:47 AM »
Had an awful night! Bingley started being poorly about 5pm yesterday. He just kept being sick and was crying and had a really runny tum. He just wanted to sleep and was feeling so sorry for himself. Spoke to the vet a few times and managed to settle him eventually but I am exhausted. He is now up and full of beans and has hammered his breakfast so I guess he feels done now!

I was a bit surprised just how upset and worried it all made me.
I love this little guy so much. He's grown so much and is doing so well, but for the past twelve hours he's been that little baby we brought home to me, so tiny and fragile and needing. Never thought I would get a cocker, to be honest wasn't really sure what made me look into them as a breed, perhaps it was fate. But i am so glad I did.

Apologies for rambling, soppy post. Extremely tired! And to make things even more fun my 2 year old niece is staying and will be up in about two hours!

These pupsters are such a worry. Now, will someone please tell bingley to stop watching the fish in the tank and go to bed so mummy can have a snooze??

"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich."

Offline cangrejo

• Charlie & Dexter, my beautiful boys xx
Re: Awful night
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 06:22:06 AM »
 :bigarmhug: for you, what a fright.  They do know how to make us worry.

I'm glad Bingley is better this morning, hope you get some sleep soon.
Rosie, Charlie & Dexter xxx
Charlie 31/12/09
Dexter 17/06/11

Offline SuzanneE

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 06:27:51 AM »
Am pleased he is feeling better this morning, they are a worry aren't they.

Offline Dozy bird

• My beautiful babies
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 06:41:21 AM »
Glad you're feeling better bingley  :luv: but now mummy needs sleep

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 07:15:00 AM »
Glad you are better Bingley  :luv: at least it seems to have passed through him quickly, and yes cockers do change your life , i worry more about mine than i do my human family  ph34r  :D
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline RegalRustyCharm

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 07:49:42 AM »
aww, poor Bingley!
I'm glad hes feeling better and getting back to his normal self  :D

Lucy has thrown up twice one day since we've had her but I've not experienced her being ill for any length of time. I can imagine how I would feel though- just like you were! It must have been awful for you to see him so upset  :-\

Offline jaybee

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 08:07:50 AM »
Thanks everyone 
He is watching flyball from yesterday's crufts with my niece at the moment! Still a bit quiet but much better.

"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich."

Offline LinziS

• Erin
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2012, 04:23:00 PM »
pleased he has recovered from being sick...you really cant help but worry over these little ones when they are poorly..they get our hearts hook line and sinker

My dogs are heartbeats at my feet

Offline dal55

• Cassie and her much loved ball
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2012, 08:44:02 PM »
Nothing wrong with saying how much you love your little dog. Do hope he feels better soon. Cass was in Vet Hosptial for two days last year after eating horse poo. My H and I just sat in  the kitchen like zombies until we could bring her home

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2012, 08:58:04 PM »
Nothing wrong with saying how much you love your little dog. Do hope he feels better soon. Cass was in Vet Hosptial for two days last year after eating horse poo. My H and I just sat in  the kitchen like zombies until we could bring her home

Do you mind me asking what happened when Cass ate the horse poo.  My Ellie is 7 and has just started doing this.

Offline dal55

• Cassie and her much loved ball
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2012, 09:14:25 PM »
Cass just seemed to develop a liking for horse poo !!  My H used to really upset and annoyed when she  made a bee line for it. One day last Summer she ate some on a country road before we could stop her. After about a couple of hours she started to be dreadfully sick all over the house.................so unlike her so we rushed to the vet . He thought that the horse may have been wormed and the chemicals had made Cass so ill. She was on a drip and spent  a day in vets, came home for the night and had to go back the following morning. She was quite ill for a few days and of course cost a fortune but  not that that mattered. I do get quite mystified when people say it is normal to eat poo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why is it ??
Our vet at the time said to try really hard to stop Cass eating it and for us to consider as muzzle, I so didn't want this and have tried so hard to stop her. She is a little monkey now though and runs up to it , waits, turns round and licks her lips , She knows if she doesn't touch it she will get a treat. Doesn't work all the time and she still snaffles some but Cockers aren't perfect !!

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2012, 08:48:09 PM »
Thanks for explaining.

When I took Ellie to puppy training, the trainer told us it was quite alright to let them eat cow poo etc. as it was vegetable matter and did them no harm.  Ellie stopped doing this as a puppy but for some reason now finds horse poo irresistable.  I am trying my best to stop her doing this, hopefully she will soon tire of my screeching at her and give her new hobby up.

Offline JeffandAnnie

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2012, 08:52:14 PM »
A wprd of warning, one of Annie's littermates died after eating horse poo; the horse had just been wormed.

Offline KellyT

• Hazel, Jennie & Millie - the 3 Muskaspaniels
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2012, 08:55:48 PM »
glad Bingley is feeling better .. poor little guy!
They certainly attached themselves firmly to your heart strings and give a massive old tug every now and then!  :luv:
Kelly & the 3 muskaspaniels x