Author Topic: New owner to working cockers....  (Read 1391 times)

Offline Ali101

• Isla
New owner to working cockers....
« on: March 24, 2012, 07:55:45 PM »
Hi to one and all!
Am newbie to working cockers having only had labbies in the past, so  looking forward to a whole new education  :005:
Pick my new chocolate roan girlie up on Easter Monday, all being well.
Have nearly 6stone of black lab waiting for her so I am anticipating a LOT of supervision, as our new girl seems such a tiddler after having labs altho she us a good size .
Can't wait for our new arrival.
Ali and Penny
Ali, Penny and Isla x

Offline maddy74

Re: New owner to working cockers....
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 08:16:24 PM »
Hello and welcome,

We have a 15month old working cocker and she is wonderful  :luv:

She was a lot of hard work when she was a pup but all our hard work with her in the early months is paying off now and she is great. We were new to cockers, new to doggies really having not owned one together, and it was 15 years ago when I lived at home I had a cavvy.

They are lively dogs but ooze personality.  :luv: Have you get any pics of your pup. Have you got a name for your girl?

Maddy and Willow  :D

Offline Lily Pup

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 09:10:26 PM »
All I can say is 'Get ready'  :005:

I'm a new Working Cocker owner also got 3 other dogs and WOW their energy levels are unbelievable  :o  Lily is like a whirlwind and so bl**dy nosy, she definatley keeps me on my toes  :lol2:

Oh yeah and the snoring - Holy Cow never heard anything like it  :005: :005:

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 11:27:43 PM »
Hi Ali & Penny ...welcome to the forum  ;)

I'm sure the time will fly by until your new little baby comes home but in the meantime enjoy your peace & quiet  :005:
I'm fairly new convert to working cockers too after rescuing a young liver pup from NESSR - he's 10 months old now & educating me fast  :lol2:
I've also got 3 show type cocker girls, so quite a house full but wouldn't be without any of  them  :luv:
Toby's a whole different ball game though & has a wonderful zest for life that is very addictive - with all the right stimulation & training, they're a wonderfully happy, loyal little dog  :luv:
If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!

Offline Pip895

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 10:17:13 AM »
Prepare for a nosey crocodile wirlwind then :005:  - Enjoy.  A puppy pen could be a good move (if you have room) to give your lab a bit of peace.  Lots of hints on here to help.

Offline Ali101

• Isla
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2012, 07:16:56 PM »
Thanks to everyone for the wecome and info!!! Our new pupstar will be called Isla and she is a cocolate roan, we have been to see her agsin today and she was snoozing in the garden . No quality pics as yet but I will asap that I )get a good one...
My mum has a working cocker so we know a little bit about them, but as we have only ever had one dog at a time we )know having 2 will be yet another steep learning curve. We are an active famuly so am hoping we can satisfy her needs and give lots of stimulation.
 ;)  :D
Will be back for info and advice and it is a really friendly forum   !!
 :D
Ali, Penny and Isla x

Offline maddy74

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 10:47:26 PM »
Isla is a lovely name, cant wait to hear all about her when she is home with you.  :D

Offline Cockertime Blues

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2012, 10:56:20 PM »
Hi and welcome.  Isla's a lovely name.  Looking forward to pics.  We have a 6 yr old working cocker who is a lovely wonderful boy and 3 or 4 weeks ago we rehomed a show/worker cross who we're still getting to know.  She's a sweet girl. 

Offline Dozy bird

• My beautiful babies
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2012, 11:17:09 AM »
Hi and welcome.
Can't wait to see your pics, my girlie is 10 months now, when she was 12 weeks old we introduced her to my sisters two Labs and I can say she very firmly put them in their place in no time. They're now firm friends and love our weekend walks together, so I'm sure you'll be just fine.

Sally and Roxy xx

Offline EmilyBlood

• Limited Member
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2012, 08:23:30 PM »
Hi I'm a newbie too ;) but I'm not new to having cockers as I have 5 :D all different ages  :005:
Good luck with your introduction and welcoming your new baby to your family!
Em xx
Chester, shady, jazzy, Chloe and cleo :)

Offline cfordham2710

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2012, 03:56:03 PM »

Looking forward to seeing the photos of her growing up.  Good luck!!

Offline Pauline T

• Charlie Boy
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2012, 10:40:34 PM »
Hello  Welcome to the forum.  :D
I am owned by Charlie a wonderful 6yr old orange & white boy. ;)
Look forward to seeing pics of Isla. Enjoy the forum.
Pauline & Charlie xx
A dog can say more with a quick wag of his tail than many people who talk for hours. - Louis Armstrong

Offline alickie

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2012, 02:33:55 AM »
Hello and welcome. I too am brand new to the forum and cocker owning, having re homed 16 month old blue roan Quarri last week. I'm not new to dog ownership, as we previously had a brilliant Sheltie, and as a youngster the family pets was a dog and bitch cavalier king charles, which we bred. Quarri is a wee handful as i'm sure he had little or no boundaries in his old home, although he was clearly showered with love, but he is simply fantastic.

With the name Isla is there a Scottish connection, as I'm sure some will have guessed there is with me and our "wee lad"?