Author Topic: Introduction for COL- Hello from Sussex  (Read 740 times)

Offline Aillse

Introduction for COL- Hello from Sussex
« on: March 25, 2012, 02:07:15 PM »
Hello all,

It's about time I joined COL. I've been peeking in every now and then to check out the show results.

I'm new to England, but have had show-type solid-colour Cockers (English) for over thirty years. I've been involved in breeding and showing conformation and obedience. I went on a hiatus to finish my education, but now I'm raring to get back into it as soon as I've found a nice little girl to begin with again. Until then, I'll try to get my Cocker 'fix' by a little trimming and stripping local dogs.

Hopefully I'll see some of you around, either in Sussex or at the shows! Have a great summer!

Offline Abbi

Re: Introduction for COL- Hello from Sussex
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 08:49:27 PM »
Welcome to COL.

We have a 3 year old black and tan show type and about to get a little golden puppy at Easter. COL has been a great help to us over the last 3 years and everyone is so welcoming. It was fellow COL'rs that helped us to find our new pup.

Best Wishes

Brenda and Abbi

Offline jaybee

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 01:27:17 PM »
Welcome to COL  :blink:

I am sure you will be welcomed with open arms on here. It is a very friendly and extremely helpful community.

And as a firs time cocker owner I will be very much looking forward to the posts of someone with such experience with these wonderful dogs :)

I'm Jen, and i have an orange roan boy, coming up to six months.
x

"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich."

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 03:23:48 PM »
Hello and welcome to COL :D

I'm Elaine from Hampshire, owned by 2 show types, 7 year old orange roan William and naughty 2 year old blue roan and tan Louis. My first 2 Cockers back in the 1980s were solids, a gold and a black.

Where are you from originally as you're new to England?

Offline Aillse

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 06:41:46 PM »
Thanks everyone!  :D

I am originally from Alaska. I started out in Junior Showmanship with an Irish Setter, a Siberian Husky and a Samoyed, but my heart got captured by the first black English Cocker that I met. When I was able to, I imported my foundation bitch, a golden, from Scotland. She gave me my beloved black-and-tan, 'Blush', who is pictured (avatar) after she won an obedience High-in-Trial in Canada. I lost her just after her 16th birthday. Her daughter, my black girl Aillse, just died this autumn at 14 years old. Aillse was from my last litter. I took a long hiatus to finish my education.

I'm hoping that my husband and I can meet up with local Cocker folks even though we don't have a Cocker as yet. We are on a few waiting lists! We are both new to Sussex (he's from Kent). I'll also try to be available to answer any questions I can about grooming and training.

I'm also sure I'll have lots of questions about obedience and showing over here. Some things are similar, but others are not even in the same ball park! So hopefully all of you will help me adjust. :lol2:

All the best to everyone!

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 10:31:02 PM »
Alaska :o :o. Sussex (beautiful though it is) must seem pretty tame after living in a country with Moose and Bears :D

I know there's a meet up planned in Sussex in April. If you look on the meet up board you'll find it.