Author Topic: New to COL  (Read 3187 times)

Offline 7733lily

New to COL
« on: April 12, 2012, 02:32:49 PM »
Hi, I'm Kelly and I joined this site yesterday on recommendation.  I must say, I think I'm addicted already, I'm suppose to be working as I post this!

I live in Essex with my three male show cocker spaniels, Oliver 4yrs, Cooper 3yrs and Dylan 18 months.  As you can imagine they can be quite a handful, but I definitely wouldn't be without them.

We try to get out into the countryside as much as possible (ideally 2hrs a day) and our favourite places are Hadleigh Downs/Castle and Marsh Farm (when the weather is warmer, as they do like a swim).

I have already spent quite a few hours reading through everyone's posts about their dogs' antics and laughing out loud.  Its nice to know that mine aren't necessarily hooligans, just typical young excitable cockers!

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
Re: New to COL
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 02:36:00 PM »
Hello and welcome to you all! I am owned by Odie, who is just over 2 years old and a golden show type.  Would love to see some pics of your lovely doggies - we do love our pics on here :lol2:  Enjoy the forum!  Lesley
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline 7733lily

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 02:44:16 PM »
"owned" I like that, couldn't have said it better myself :lol2:.  Thats me and my golden boy Oliver to a tee!

thanks for the message Lesley, will definitely try and post some pics later of the boys, just try and stop me :lol2:

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 02:50:46 PM »
Hi and welcome from someone else who should be working too  :005:  I'm Lisa and I'm owned by Maggie my 3 year old show type... she's a gobby mare with loads of attitude, and has me very well trained! I'd have her no other way  :005:
Enjoy the forum and will keep an eye out for your boys  :luv:
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline mlynnf50

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 02:52:54 PM »
Hi and welcome, I am owned by selby he is just over 2 a blue roan show and we live in the french alps so some lovely walks.  Some pics would be nice, I still can't work out how to post pics. X

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 02:59:23 PM »
Hi Kelly :D
Welcome to CoL,
I'm supposed to be working too :005:
How lovely to have 3 furry friends,
we only have 1, our Ellie aged 2
shes lightblue showstyle and a
lovely girl :luv:
We are in Yorkshire.
Nice to cyber-meet you!
steff, mr steff and Elliexxx

Offline 7733lily

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 03:06:23 PM »
Thanks guys for all your welcome messages.  

So nice to hear from all of you and from so far afield as well.  

I can't see me getting much work done from now on in! :005: much rather be talking about our furry little friends.  BEWARE, I could talk about them for hours :D

Offline redlottie

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 04:13:05 PM »
Hello and welcome, I am Charlotte and have 2 working cocker boys - Otto will be 3 in June and Albie will be 2 in August.

Its quite acceptable on this forum to talk about the furry ones for hours so no worries on that score  ;)

Offline Jessie_Pup

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 04:24:46 PM »

Hi Charlotte Welcome to the forum.  We are  in Essex too in Billericay. Have two show cockers a liver roan also called Dylan who is 10 and little miss trouble Jessie who is 7yrs and a liver colour. 

We often have meet-ups so if you want to join us you would be very welcome. The last one was at Hylands Park and also have meet-up walks at Thorndon Parks.  There is a meet-ups board where we post get to -gethers.  Sometimes have meet-up with members from the forum who are in Kent.

Erica.

Offline 7733lily

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2012, 04:28:43 PM »
Thanks for the welcome Charlotte.  Wow two WORKING cockers, my hat off to you, they must keep you busy

Offline Jessie_Pup

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2012, 04:31:37 PM »

Sorry  should have put Kelly but called you Charlotte aplogies to you both.

Erica.

Offline 7733lily

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2012, 04:32:15 PM »
Thanks for the welcome from Billericay.

Hylands is a lovely walk.  That would be great to come to a meet-up with all those other lovely spaniels.  I have recently joined the Kent spaniel walking group and I am going to my first meet-up in a couple of weeks so will let you know how I get on, if not see you there.

I will keep an eye on the board for the next Essex meet-ups, been looking for something like this for ages.

Offline 7733lily

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2012, 04:33:24 PM »
no problem Erica :blink: I only every know people by their dogs' names :lol:

Offline Jessie_Pup

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2012, 04:34:39 PM »
no problem Erica :blink: I only every know people by their dogs' names :lol:

Me too :005:

Offline Jessie_Pup

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2012, 04:36:58 PM »

Oh and I  often walk there  with Dylan and Jessie. Usually stop at the cafe for a drink and something to eat. 

Erica.