Author Topic: Jacks first night  (Read 564 times)

Offline jack_morris

Jacks first night
« on: May 25, 2012, 08:56:22 AM »
Hello

Just to let everyone know Jack has really settled in well to his new home. He had a great first night and I woke up at 5 and went down to check on him and he was fast asleep. His house training is coming on okay, he has done a couple of wees in the house but now when he wakes up I take him straight out to the garden.

Yesterday he ate okay but I thought he would eat more...is this ok? Bearing in mind everything is new to him and it was very hot yesterday. Any thoughts??

Steve  :D

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
Re: Jacks first night
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 09:08:26 AM »
With all the change and the heat I expect it will take little Jack a good few days to settle down so I wouldn't worry too much... just make sure he has lots of water available to him  :luv:
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 09:30:38 AM »
Sounds great, sure he will eat more as he settles in more, sounds like he is doing great.
I took Riley out in the garden every 20 mins or so when we first got him. Every time he started to wee, I would say "be quick"  and he has learned that means wee wee and does it "most" of the time when I say it now.

Offline jack_morris

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 09:33:20 AM »
Yes that's what I thought Maggie...it looks like its going to be another lovely day!! Thanks Jane will try that one   :D

Offline Pauline T

• Charlie Boy
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 09:40:01 AM »
Sounds as if Jack is settling in ok. As Lisa says, lots of water in this hot weather and that will mean lots of wee wee's  :005:
Pauline & Charlie xx
A dog can say more with a quick wag of his tail than many people who talk for hours. - Louis Armstrong

Offline maddy74

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 05:33:31 PM »
I bet his appetite will improve once the weather cools down and when he settles  ;) At least you have the weather for taking him out into the garden for his wees and poops  :005: :005:

Offline jack_morris

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 05:54:09 PM »
I bet his appetite will improve once the weather cools down and when he settles  ;) At least you have the weather for taking him out into the garden for his wees and poops  :005: :005:

Yes we certainly have. He loves the garden  :D

Offline fenby

• Donator
  • Harvey
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 06:31:17 PM »
Hi Harvey is now 21 months and he is still a funny eater, some days he eats hardly anything  and other days gobbles it all up. Try not to worry they will eat when they are hungry ;)

Offline jack_morris

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2012, 01:48:49 PM »
Hi Harvey is now 21 months and he is still a funny eater, some days he eats hardly anything  and other days gobbles it all up. Try not to worry they will eat when they are hungry ;)

Thank you very much  :-)