Author Topic: 2 weeks today and counting - have I got everything??!  (Read 445 times)

Offline sarahm2008

2 weeks today and counting - have I got everything??!
« on: June 22, 2012, 05:03:35 PM »
so I have been on a mega shop today with my daughter for our new arrival 2 weeks today - hurrah!!!
We have:
dog beds x 2 (1 soft, 1 hard!)
dog bowls
puppy food (Arden and Grange - this is what he is on at the moment but blimey its expensive!)
dog/puppy treats
loads of different puppy toys
a puppy kong (any suggestions on yummy fillings?)
poop bags
lead / collar
dog tag
dog towel (ok probably not necessary but cute!)
dog blanket (probably not needed either!)

I think thats it - have I missed anything?! Do I need a harness for in the car? (my car isnt big enough for a crate although my husbands is)
time is really dragging!!

Offline Merlinpoppy

Re: 2 weeks today and counting - have I got everything??!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 05:22:07 PM »
if you buy arden grange from pet planet its a good bit cheaper.  Thats what our puppy will end up on, not sure what hes on now, will need to ask the breeder on monday

Offline bentley1984

• cookie monster
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 05:30:24 PM »
Shampoo..think you've got everything Sarah..isn't it exciting we get ours a week before you..what bout insurance xx

Offline sarahm2008

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 05:35:53 PM »
just looked on petplanet, its quite a bit cheaper-thanks for that!
Havent got shampoo yet, but will get tomorrow. Ive been looking into insurance but its hard to get an exact quote as he isnt 8 weeks old yet and unless I put a false dob in it wont let me get a quote-plus he will be microchipped (breeder does) but as yet I dont know the details so cant put this in either-not sure if it makes any difference?
Any insurance suggestions? I think maybe petplan?

Offline Maria n Dennis

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 05:47:20 PM »
just looked on petplanet, its quite a bit cheaper-thanks for that!
Havent got shampoo yet, but will get tomorrow. Ive been looking into insurance but its hard to get an exact quote as he isnt 8 weeks old yet and unless I put a false dob in it wont let me get a quote-plus he will be microchipped (breeder does) but as yet I dont know the details so cant put this in either-not sure if it makes any difference?
Any insurance suggestions? I think maybe petplan?

Most breeders sell there puppies with 4 weeks insurance might be worth checking. I'm insure my two with John Lewis (used to be greenbee) I've claimed for Dennis spinal problems , It was about 7000 the first time and 5000 the second time and they paid directly to the vet with no problems. With insurance always go for the best you can afford , my Dennis was what I thought a healthy 2 year old then out of the blue he was paralysed due to a burst disc , vet bills rack up very quickly.

You will need lots of kitchen roll and carpet cleaner  ph34r

Offline LinziS

• Erin
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 05:49:09 PM »
How exciting to be shopping for a new furbaby.
Maybe a comb/brush to get him used to grooming from the start...and you will need ugg boots and gloves to protect yourself from the cockerdile teeth :005:

My dogs are heartbeats at my feet

Offline bentley1984

• cookie monster
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 06:00:46 PM »
Think he was 4 or 5 weeks when I arranged his insurance..I just went on compare the market.com...hopefully gonna get my free meerkat Pmsl...Yeh I'd definitely get grooming stuff when he's chilled out run a brush or something through him..definitely not when he's hyped xx

Offline Liz F

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 10:02:41 PM »
You must be so excited, its fab shopping for puppy things, stock up on kitchen towels and disinfectant  :005:
Look forward to pics  :luv:

Liz, Olli & Diesel xx