Author Topic: 2 weeks to go and im getting impatient  (Read 510 times)

Offline Merlinpoppy

2 weeks to go and im getting impatient
« on: July 10, 2012, 10:31:01 AM »
We pick merlin up in a fortnight.  I have bought everything he could possibly ever need (i think), ive registered him with the vet and arranged his first appointment and now i have nothing to do other than wait.  We go on holiday in 2 days and then collect him 2 days after we get back so really i just have to take my mind off him for 4 days.  What should i do.

Offline Rolo12

Re: 2 weeks to go and im getting impatient
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 10:36:14 AM »
Such a great name!! I know how you feel, i was exactly the same before we got Rolo. At least you have got a holiday to look forward to and then when you get back it will be time! Yay! make the most of it before the mayhem starts!  :005:
Caz :)

Offline lola B

• i am owned by Rosie the black cockerdile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 11:42:24 AM »
i know how you feel only 5 more sleeps until Rosie comes home and i am dying to see her and truly it does not get any easier as time passes :luv:

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 04:05:04 PM »
Lol, I know how you feel, we had our holiday booked since last year. We visited Riley and saw him for the first time at 5 weeks.
We went on holiday then picked him up at 9 weeks. We waited a week after we came back from holiday to get over the jeg lag etc, knowing how tiring the first few days would be but were pleasantly suprised, I think its more stressfull looking forward to them comint to you . You will talk and think of Merlin on holiday too, we did.  :005:

Offline karendorman13

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 09:20:13 AM »
I have a month to go i will be picking Kol up on the 11th of August and I just wish it would hurry up. So does my DH because I keep buying stuff but I have everything now

Offline Rolo12

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 12:54:42 PM »
So does my DH because I keep buying stuff but I have everything now

He he sounds so much like me before we got Rolo. My OH was desparately trying to stop me going overboard but you just have to dont you! And then when you get them you realise its not worth it as they have destroyed everything you have bought within the first couple of weeks! :005:
Caz :)

Offline SophieBlueRoanLover

• Sophie Carr Photography
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 01:16:07 PM »
I was lucky in that I had so much house stuff to sort out before I picked up Henry, so my time was occupied (plus we went away for our last free weekend!). I know the time will drag for you. Have you read all the forums about toilet training, food, insurance, etc..? Have you done other things that will be more difficult once he arrives (stocked up on food, clothes, electrical equipment, out for dinner, etc..)? I've only gone out of the house to wee and poo him, plus little trips to the vet, petshop and walking round the streets and park nearby so far - can't imagine when I'm ever going to be able to do normal things again! It's very much worth it though!