Author Topic: Can anyone recommend a puppy friendly bed with bit to add heated pad?  (Read 828 times)

Offline sarahm2008

Im thinking of getting a puppy bed with a heated pad but I am a little concerned about Sandon munching the bed while im in bed and getting to the heated pad? Does anyone have any experience of this or can recommend an alternative? I was going to put a warm hot water bottle underneath his covers but thought he may get to it and chew it up!

Offline jmanagh

• Donator
You could always buy a Snugglesafe to pop in an ordinary bed. These are pretty robust and enable the pup to snuggle up to it or move away if it is warm enough already. I have heard of beds with built in heat pads but don't know much about those and their robustness etc. I'm sure someone will be along soon with further info  :D

Mum also to Basil - Black show type DOB 31/03/2000 and Eddie - Brown and white sable Papillon DOB 01/01/2011

Offline sarahm2008

funnily enough I have just come across the snugglesafe to put in a bonzo dog, they look pretty cute!

Offline RegalRustyCharm

I used a hot water bottle covered in a blanket on a few occasions for Lucy when we first got her and she never attempted to chew it. But to be honest she has never been a big chewer and has never destroyed anything by chewing. We also used a puppy bed from PAH which has a pad in the middle you can take out and heat in the microwave, which she loved and still does though she doesn't fit in it anymore!

Hopefully Sandon will be sleeping peacefully most the night so won't be awake chewing anything anyway!

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
I do like the Danish Design stuff and they do a puppy bed with a heated pad in it BUT whether mine would of eaten the bed I don't know
http://www.danish-design-pet-products.com/dog-beds/first-puppy-bed.htm

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline rubyduby

The rabbit microwave heatpads come with a fleece cover and do not need to be over heated till they are to hot, hard plastic and stay warm for up to 10 hrs....

Offline sarahm2008

Thankyou everyone, I invested in a heatpad last night then 2 hours later he fell asleep and slept through until half 6 woohoo! Heatpad maybe not needed now (fingers crossed) although I'm sure it will come in.handy. the danish design stuff looks really lovely, I may have to invest!