Author Topic: Poor Luca  (Read 1037 times)

Offline **purpleprincess**

Poor Luca
« on: July 23, 2012, 03:47:43 PM »
Last night Luca was scratching and nibbling like crazy at his belly and his ears, so booked into the vets today. The vet did scrapings of ears and belly, which drew blood  :'( he said that it's not a mite that he was worried about, which is good. Otherwise we have got drops for his ears and tummy and need to give Advocate in a weeks time.

Luca was funny though, the vet gave him some treats and he actively spat them out!!  :005:

Back in tomorrow morning for 2nd vaccination.
Owned by Luca, the chocolate roan cocker spaniel :)

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
Re: Poor Luca
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 05:39:00 PM »
Poor boy, must be so uncomfy for him. Brodie went through a very itchy stage and I was advised it might be allergies. I took her off all grains in her diet and there was a massive improvement. If that hadn't helped we would have done allergy testing, but since then it's only her ears bothering her (and that turned out to be caused by something different). Not sure if this is the cause, but if so then it's something to consider x

x In memory of Barney x

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 06:36:27 PM »
Poor boy, must be so uncomfy for him. Brodie went through a very itchy stage and I was advised it might be allergies. I took her off all grains in her diet and there was a massive improvement. If that hadn't helped we would have done allergy testing, but since then it's only her ears bothering her (and that turned out to be caused by something different). Not sure if this is the cause, but if so then it's something to consider x

That's something worth thinking about. The vet said allergies are quite common in dogs, especially cockers. We will be looking at that down the line if this stuff and the advocate don't work.

Offline ElvieMogs

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 08:02:17 PM »
Poor Luca. Itchiness is so horrible   Hope the treatment sorts it soon. Might be worth looking at his diet too. What is he on?

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 08:21:09 PM »
Poor Luca. Itchiness is so horrible   Hope the treatment sorts it soon. Might be worth looking at his diet too. What is he on?

I know, horrible to watch too.

He is on Royal Canin, what the breeder sent with him.

Offline Tiger

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 09:45:56 PM »
Monty's had a few itchy moments so I've been using tea tree spray by johnson's (which I used to use on my old dog who had loads of allergies especially to my parents grass!).

It instantly seems to calm the itching and is safe for pups. Might be worth a try.  Hope he feels better soon  :D