Author Topic: pup ate sock  (Read 6932 times)

Offline k9

Re: pup ate sock
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2012, 06:20:24 PM »
thanks for apology-maybe i over reacted but i would never do anythin to risk my pup-as explained i've done everthin i was told to by vets... :-)

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2012, 06:55:33 PM »
Of course you have, don't worry. At the end of the day you should take the advice of your vet. Please let us know if a sock appears.
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010

Offline k9

« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2012, 06:58:01 PM »
i def will let yous no IF  the sock ever appears thanks again everybody :-)

Offline maddy74

« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2012, 12:32:12 AM »
Just checking into see if the sock had appeared?

Offline jonnytrabant

« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2012, 07:32:51 AM »
Lads and Lasses

This thread has certainly sparked a lot of debate 40+ replies and conflicting thoughts and I am glad some order and calmness has emerged. I don't doubt the OP concerns and he/she has done the right thing in contacting the vet, but this is when it gets tricky. Since I've been trending this forum people generally take heed of what their vets says, and who wouldn't after all he is the reason why you go to the vet in the first place but it's quite obvious vets vary differently in their advice. So who's right? I have no idea. But what is also obvious the OP is a caring owner and has merely followed his/hers vets advice. No doubt this thread will run and run, just like a Cocker.

BTW 7 days till we pick up our little chap and hopefully I can rely on this forum for advice and I may or may not follow all advice but I will do what's best for my boy, that's for certain.

Offline k9

« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2012, 01:28:02 PM »
thank you for that its like i've said i was 100 per cent sure at the time he swallowed it but now since it has been over 2 weeks am starting to wonder! its a mystery....

Offline Tiger

« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2012, 03:40:00 PM »
Probably buried somewhere. Was putting the washing in the machine, doorbell rang came back and thought hmmm... Seems a bit quiet in here. Monty was sitting in the middle of the lawn looking all good (normally equals "I've done something >:D") so shouted "find it!" off he went into the herb patch and popped back out with a sock in his mouth  :005:

Offline k9

« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2012, 04:16:46 PM »
haha clever dog :-)

def not buried anywhere as i said we were on hols stayin in a place and it was inside the room that it happened the strange thing is i never took my eyes of him at all as i was walkin to him so there just seems to be no way he could've dropped it out his mouth-v strange!

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2012, 04:54:13 PM »
Hi k9

I've just read all four pages of this thread.  :D   Recently, I was talking to a lady who owns a shi tzu.  Two weeks earlier, he had eaten a sock and had still not passed it!  She had been given the same advice by her vet as you have.  I haven't seen her since so don't know the outcome but her dog was quite well at the time.

The little blighters can swallow something in a flash if they've a mind to.  Toby is addicted to tissues - he mugs my pocket to get it out so I constantly have to make sure my pockets are empty.  Sometimes I slip up and he grabs it then I have to quickly get a treat to do a trade with him.  Sometimes this hasn't worked and he's swallowed a wad of paper in a flash  >:D  

I do hope the sock appears very soon (assuming it has been swallowed) and your puppy remains in good health.

(RIP Charlie and Jarvis - Love You Both Forever)  :luv: :luv:

Offline k9

« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2012, 05:04:02 PM »
thank you for that-if you do see the woman again keep me up dated please as be interested to see if its come out yet :-)

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2012, 05:07:06 PM »
thank you for that-if you do see the woman again keep me up dated please as be interested to see if its come out yet :-)

Will do.

(RIP Charlie and Jarvis - Love You Both Forever)  :luv: :luv:

Offline Frankie1236

« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2012, 07:46:58 AM »
If pup does poop or throw it up, I want to see a picture haha!! Scout has a thing about the rabbit, she loves him, feelings arnt mutual however lol when I feed him, she goes nuts for his pellets, and gobbles any up I drop, she also eats his poops, horrible!! Haha doesn't really eat anything else though, they get better as they get older, I wholeheartedly trust scout to sit in the conservatory on her own now haha x

Oh yes! Her squeaker out of her duckie, I've had to wrestle that out of her mouth a few times lol and as a pup, she loved buttons!!

She's just over 10 months now :-( I actually do not miss puppy stage! Too many puddles, poops and ruined slippers!! Lol

X

Offline k9

« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2012, 08:25:56 AM »
haha...

ow well hes 6 months now so hopefully wont be too mischevious for too much longer!  he managed to get another sock last night but just managed to pull it out his throat!

Offline Frankie1236

« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2013, 12:42:43 AM »
Bit of an old post, but did you ever see that sock again lol!

Offline *Marie*

• BRACKEN
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2013, 08:39:45 AM »
Bracken eats everything on the ground, stones, paper, cardboard I mean everything, amount of times my hands been in his mouth to prise out whatever he ate, I worry like mad thinking if I was too late, or not seen him, hoping he'll grow out of it soon!