Author Topic: Going too much  (Read 354 times)

Offline oreo

Going too much
« on: September 15, 2012, 10:23:10 PM »
16 weeks Oreo has always "gone" 6-9 times a day but the last week- 2 weeks she seems to have 3 of 4 days of "normal" stools ( sorry too much info) and then a whole day-2days of sloppy ones.  Have rung the vet and he said as long as her appetite, behaviour and drinking habbits sre normal then there shouldn't be anything to worry about, all of which are fine! He did suggest maybe her food may have something to do with it. Shes on Beta puppy dried puppy food?? Any suggestions or advice would be gratefully recieved. :-\ Ps she has been wormed bout 2 weeks ago, altough she was sick 7 hours after.

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
Re: Going too much
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 10:30:17 PM »
If you have a look at the first post in this thread http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=97448.msg1438579#msg1438579 you'll see it's about another puppy that was on Beta and was going too much until it was changed to a different puppy food.

I think Beta isn't an especially good quality food, so you might want to look at the listed ingredients and then compare them with those of other foods such as James Wellbeloved, Arden Grange, Barking Heads etc.

Offline SophieBlueRoanLover

• Sophie Carr Photography
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 08:52:34 AM »
I moved Henry from Hills Science to Barking Heads a few weeks ago as he was going a lot! On the old food he was going about 6-9 times a day. He did have a bout of poorly tummy 2 weeks ago after I'd completed the change-over, but I think this was due to eating a laurel leaf (or something dodgy in my mum's garden). His stomach was a bit mixed for a few days as I put him on chicken and rice and then back on the Barking Heads, but he seems to be okay now (just had a lovely one!!) and only goes 2-4 times a day. I think Henry's going fewer times as the BH has less filler in it (it does have oats, but no maize, which some foods do) which makes them poo more.

Offline jonnytrabant

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 09:38:22 AM »
I can confirm Elaine's post.

Harry indeed was going like a machine like Oreo, one look at the ingredients and Beta is about 30% cereal!!! So I changed to JWB, no real reason for that brand, it was recommended by PAH and iam fully aware that they could be pluggingng it, but I thought I'd try it and to be honest Harry loves it certainly compared to Beta. I started two thirds Beta, then half and half, then two thirds JWB and now 100% JWB took about  a week. Now he goes three times at most, there is a down side though with so much protean in JWB he farts like wor lass  :005: