Author Topic: 20 weeks old...what have we got to come??  (Read 641 times)

Offline sarahm2008

20 weeks old...what have we got to come??
« on: September 24, 2012, 08:33:19 PM »
Sandon is 20 weeks this week, so far he has lost around 10 teeth (how many do they have?) and 8 have already grown back and are still growing, he isnt really chewing on things he shouldnt (never has) and personality wise hasnt changed too much....my question is what have we got to expect to come as to be honest things have been pretty nice upto now and I keep waiting for it to get hard (which im sure it will!!)

Offline Peony

Re: 20 weeks old...what have we got to come??
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 08:59:19 PM »
Gracie is also 20 weeks and I am wondering the same! I think she has lost about 14 teeth and replaced them - incisors top and bottom and the bottom canines. I too am awaiting a mega chewing phase when the stuffing gets pulled out of everything etc. I feel she's been too good to be true so far!
Gemma & Gracie

Offline sarahm2008

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 09:04:24 PM »
oh im glad its not me, im thinking is this the calm before the storm??!!!
when do they go through this "teenage phase"?! im not sure how old they are in human years!

Offline oreo

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 09:49:27 PM »
I'll be watching this post very closely, Oreo is 16 almost 17 weeks are we have been waiting for the Cockerdile phase to make an appearance. So far she hasnt lost any teeth but cant be long now.  :-\

Offline sarahm2008

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 09:54:23 PM »
I think Sandon starting loosing teeth about 17 weeks...

Offline SophieBlueRoanLover

• Sophie Carr Photography
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 10:54:35 PM »
Also interested to know! Henry is 20 weeks today and has lost most of the front ones and has big new white ones - he looks a bit like a cartoon dog! He's never really torn anything up, although he does like to chew cardboard boxes. He's never been a manic biter, although he does chew his antler bones and toys a bit.
Hopefully we've just all got lovely serene puppies who will grow up to be lovely serene dogs.

Anyone else's pup more interested in snuggling as it gets colder? Henry tries to get up on the sofa the whole time now (can only get front paws - not a good jumper) to lie on or next to me - very cute! :luv: :luv:

Offline piph

• Donator
  • Ozzy and Jess
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 12:16:29 PM »
Also interested to know! Henry is 20 weeks today and has lost most of the front ones and has big new white ones - he looks a bit like a cartoon dog! He's never really torn anything up, although he does like to chew cardboard boxes. He's never been a manic biter, although he does chew his antler bones and toys a bit.
Hopefully we've just all got lovely serene puppies who will grow up to be lovely serene dogs.

Anyone else's pup more interested in snuggling as it gets colder? Henry tries to get up on the sofa the whole time now (can only get front paws - not a good jumper) to lie on or next to me - very cute! :luv: :luv:

Ozzy's (20 weeks tomorrow) new teeth seem to have appeared from nowhere - last time I managed a look (about a week ago) he still had a full set of wobbly baby teeth at the front on his bottom jaw, and now they all seem to have been replaced by lovely grown-up teeth!  Lots coming through in spaces as well, although he's still got his needle sharp baby canines.  Still not chewing excessively though except his flat bed in the lounge - I've had to remove it and he has a frozen tea towel instead!