Author Topic: Should I up his intake?  (Read 429 times)

Offline jonnytrabant

Should I up his intake?
« on: October 05, 2012, 12:53:34 PM »
Harry is 15 weeks today, and is a working Cocker, he's quite small like his parents and weighs about 5.5kg last week. He's been no bother feeding even when we changed his food to JWB he took it all in his stride. He has been on 3 meals a day for a few weeks now and we give him a total of 220gr spread over three meals, sometimes he scoffs the lot other times he's just not bothered. The last week however he's been very greedy in as much as he's really scoffing his grub down and actively barking for it. Should I up his intake in line with the more activity we are now doing with him or is he just being plain greedy?

Offline Poppsie

• Donator
  • Mia and Phoebe
Re: Should I up his intake?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 01:14:07 PM »
I would have still had him on 4 meals a day at 15 weeks ?? how much does it say on the JWB bag to give him ?? x x x

poppy 31/12/95-27/4/2009
Pebbles 14/1/97-10/2/2011 
my beautiful girls together again forever x

Offline slfreo88

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 11:31:09 PM »
Hi I am hoping someone can help me, I am getting a little confused about how much to feed my two 10 week old puppies, I have them on wainwrights salmon and potato dry food, the guide says at 2-6 months 100-390g per day. I have been giving them 40g 3 times a day but when they eat its like they haven't been fed before!!Look forward to any help or advice anyone can offer me!! :blink: Oh and they weigh about 3 kg each!! Thank you

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 01:29:18 PM »
Harry is 15 weeks today, and is a working Cocker, he's quite small like his parents and weighs about 5.5kg last week. He's been no bother feeding even when we changed his food to JWB he took it all in his stride. He has been on 3 meals a day for a few weeks now and we give him a total of 220gr spread over three meals, sometimes he scoffs the lot other times he's just not bothered. The last week however he's been very greedy in as much as he's really scoffing his grub down and actively barking for it. Should I up his intake in line with the more activity we are now doing with him or is he just being plain greedy?

I think greedy and cocker go together to be honest.
I would say thats a good amount. Riley at that age was on 70g three times a day on JWB too.
Now he is nearly 8 months he gets 100g twice per day.