Author Topic: Diahoerra - 11 week old puppy  (Read 850 times)

Offline Millie12

Diahoerra - 11 week old puppy
« on: October 18, 2012, 07:49:42 PM »
She is 11 weeks and was last wormed two weeks ago, we are currently weaning her from her breeders food (which we cannot buy) to eukanuba. She is at the vets for 2nd jab saturday so will get her wormed and fled again then and also mention about her poop. My boyfriend said he has noticed her poo was very watery today and i have just noticed abit of mucus and blood in it aswell as being watery? do you think this is to do with her food change? we have followed adding abit extra every day could it be worms? im worrying about her  :-\ xx
Ps her poo has been abit loose/runny but never fully solid since she came home with us so not thought it was anything to worry about until now....

Offline Poppsie

• Donator
  • Mia and Phoebe
Re: Diahoerra
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 08:03:35 PM »
Blood and mucus is a sign of colitis in a dog but it may be just the change over of food  :huh: but either way I would pop her over to see the vet if I was you , as puppies can dehydrate quite quickly with diahoerra x x x

poppy 31/12/95-27/4/2009
Pebbles 14/1/97-10/2/2011 
my beautiful girls together again forever x

Offline Millie12

Re: Diahoerra - 11 week old puppy
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 08:28:19 PM »
There doesnt seem to be much and she is completley herself bounding round playing ect, would she be in pain with colitis?
Thanks for your reply x

Offline Janny

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 09:17:34 PM »
Hi, my Ruby has has the same thing on and off since we have had her, she is just over 4 months old. We took her back to the vets again yesterday, as she had diaherrea with blood, 2 lots of medicine and a change of food to Royal canin intestinal. Looks like she has got IBS.
So I would get your little one to the vets to get checked out.
Jan, Dolly & Ruby x

Offline Millie12

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 09:21:27 PM »
thanks for that janny i will do. was your dog diferent in temperament? x

Offline Janny

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 09:37:09 PM »
No she has been fine in her self, running around and playing with my other dog, eating as normal too. The vet said that her tummy was tender and gurgley. So I am hoping the medication and food change calms her tummy. Also have been advised to put a probiotic on her food when she has finished her medicine to try and keep a healthy balance in her gut.
Jan, Dolly & Ruby x

Offline Millie12

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2012, 01:19:01 PM »
just wanted to let you know millie is fine, vet isnt worried and said abit of blood is normal with her having the squits most likley caused by the chaning of her food, she agreed very silly of breeder to put her on a food which her new owners cannot buy >:(
Anyway re wormed fled and vaccs up to date, cant wait to take her out next week  :luv:
Big thanks to everyone that replyed, this forum is a great help  :D

Offline piph

• Donator
  • Ozzy and Jess
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 05:02:44 PM »
just wanted to let you know millie is fine, vet isnt worried and said abit of blood is normal with her having the squits most likley caused by the chaning of her food, she agreed very silly of breeder to put her on a food which her new owners cannot buy >:(
Anyway re wormed fled and vaccs up to date, cant wait to take her out next week  :luv:
Big thanks to everyone that replyed, this forum is a great help  :D

That surprises me - when Ozzy had colitis he had blood and mucous in his pooh. Our vet said that blood in a puppy's pooh is never normal and should always be investigated thoroughly.  If it doesn't clear up very soon I'd be inclined to see a different vet.

Offline Millie12

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2012, 08:11:44 PM »
There hasnt been anymore blood  :huh: if it happens again i will take her straight to the vets and act on my instincts, the vet put my mind at ease because she didnt seem worried about her, but maybe a diferent vet would act differently and also if im worried i need to go with my gut, cant have anything happen to my baby girl  :-*