Author Topic: Trainer/rabbit pen  (Read 686 times)

Offline martindd

Trainer/rabbit pen
« on: August 11, 2015, 09:28:18 AM »
Hello
I'm in Mansfield and have my first gundog (cocker) 18 month ish and would like to try him in a rabbit pen or probably a 1:1 training session if not too expensive.
But I'm not having much luck finding anywhere,I've  sent a few enquiries via a few trainers websites but haven't heard anything back,not rang any as yet because I have no idea about what the cost may be and didn'twant to feel awkward.
Does anyone know of any suitable trainers near don't mind travelling within reason?
Thanks Martin

Offline Emilyoliver

Re: Trainer/rabbit pen
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 11:16:46 AM »
Hi, Stuart North (Northglen gundogs) is up Leicestershire/Notts way i think?  Not sure what facilities he has, but he should know of someone your way if he doesn't have a pen himself.  I'd call the trainers as you're more likely to get a response that way rather than by email.  I've found rabbit pens to cost around £25/30 per hour (although you're unlikely to need that long).  Same with 121's - similar price region.  Good luck with your search.  Another place to ask would be on the Gundog Training Forum or facebook pages. 
Michelle, Emily and Ollie

Offline martindd

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 12:13:04 PM »
Thank you

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 12:59:22 PM »
Lara at Ironpitts Gundogs near to Ashboure, Leek, has a rabbit pen and other cracking facilities!

Offline martindd

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 03:03:04 PM »
Thanks