Author Topic: So proud of 10 month old  (Read 1807 times)

Offline cazza

• Site Member
So proud of 10 month old
« on: December 04, 2021, 11:25:45 AM »
Well Ash is now 10 months old and I couldn’t believe it this week what happened

Our morning walk in the week is just a 2 min drive and Ash is off lead for it, unless there is a car coming down the farm track

So I gave her the release cue that she could get out the car and go - I closed the car and started to follow after her

Arrrgghh she headed into the field towards 2 deer  :o :o the deer stood still and she stopped and looked at them, I blew the recall whistle and Ash turned and ran straight back to me - she got well rewarded and put on the lead so the deer could run off which they did

I made a big fuss of Ash and then released her again  :luv:

Just had to share as I am so proud of my wee girl  :luv:

Offline ejp

• Donator
Re: So proud of 10 month old
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2021, 07:59:57 PM »
Well done Ash, and well done you for a cool head!

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2021, 10:05:12 AM »
Well done to you, one very relieved mum, and clever pooch.  :clapping: :happydance:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline phoenix

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2021, 11:26:45 AM »
Well done Ash!!  Brilliant for 10 months.
Whistle training works (as long as it’s not hanging up in the kitchen). 
RIP Marti  the EPI springer age 12,  and beloved black cocker Bobby, 8 yrs old, too soon, from PLN.
Now owned by TInker, tiny hairy grey poodle/terrier rescue from Greece and Jack, local rescue,   scruffy ginger terrier mutt.

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2021, 03:06:53 PM »
That‘s brilliant!! Well done both!!
I think the key is being that one step ahead and stepping in before they break into a run by which time they‘ve totally switched you off and its very hard to stop them. Unfortunately once they‘ve experienced the thrill of the chase it becomes a lot harder, but she‘s now already learning that resisting the urge to run has earned her lots of praise. That was a big step forward, she deserves a special supper this evening!! (you too!  ;) )
 :luv:

Offline AndyB

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2021, 06:04:50 AM »
Well done Ash.  Clever girl  :luv:

Offline JohnMcL

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2022, 12:25:02 PM »
Well done Ash!

I think the whistle is brilliant although I kept losing mine so can now whistle. Peanut is now 10 months, I lost my voice for a week over Christmas so recall, change direction, sit were all done well with me whistling, I so understand that proud feeling Cazza! I’d done a bit of hand signalling which was handy around the house as my voice was so croaky and painful.

Cazza, can you post a pic of Ash please? Ash & Peanut we’re so similar as pups I’d be interested at how they look now, Peanut is far more red. I’ll need to revisit how to put pics up as it’s been a while!

John.