Author Topic: Liver treats  (Read 7285 times)

Offline viv

• Site Member
Liver treats
« on: January 24, 2003, 05:17:58 PM »
Help  ;D

I bought online some freeze dried liver treats for William and i am nearly out of them. I got the link from here but for the life of me i can't find it  and we are running out fast... sound desperate i know... does anyone know the website.  God i sound a wimp but without them William does a runner and i'm not in training for a marathon yet ;D ;D ;D
Viv                    
Viv and William send love and wags

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
Liver treats
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2003, 05:44:13 PM »
Hi Viv
          I think it was

www.crosskeysbooks.com

I've ordered some too but they haven't arrived yet.                    

Offline viv

• Site Member
Liver treats
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2003, 08:30:46 AM »
Thanks Colin...
William says a big thank you....will bookmark it so i don't forget...brain like a sieve sometimes :-                    
Viv and William send love and wags

Offline angelad

Liver treats
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2003, 09:42:30 AM »
Now thats really spooky, I spent ages looking for that link yesterday because I want to get some for cooper :D                    
Angela & Cooper

Anonymous

Liver treats
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2003, 02:38:09 PM »
am I really the only one here daft enough to make the liver cake??..lol..
I am gonna buy some of those when I run out, which as I made enough to feed all of our dogs will be a while  ::)                    

Lee

Liver treats
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2003, 09:18:34 AM »
Hi all

These liver treats sound interesting. I have looked on the website and presume you all buy the individual treats rather than the solid tub that you cut up as required? If so how big are the treats?

I find that when training Oscar (5 1/2 months) we can go through quite a few treats and I usually use small mixer type biscuits that he swallows quickly and is ready to carry on straight away. Other treats seem too large and he spends ages eating them rather than paying attention to me!

The mixer biscuits work well indoors but seem less effective once we are outside - the liver treats, if small enough, sound more appetizing for the little rascal.

Lee                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Liver treats
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2003, 09:29:02 AM »
am I really the only one here daft enough to make the liver cake??..lol..
I am gonna buy some of those when I run out, which as I made enough to feed all of our dogs will be a while  ::)

No you're not Lynsey ;D I make the liver cake (even though the smell half kills me ;D) & the dogs love it plus you can chop it up into really small pieces which suits puppies better. I had a free sample of the dried liver treats & although the dogs ate them (they'll eat anything!), it wasn't with the same enthusiasm as they show for the yummy cake ;D                    
Jane

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
Liver treats
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2003, 04:14:15 PM »
I have to say I have used both and the liver cakes knocks the treats into a cocked hat :D What I also do with the liver cake is make my own treats.

Once the cake is baked - cut it into very small treat sized pieces and return to the baking tray and the oven. Turn the heat down really low - gas mark one or lower and leave until they have gone hard and crisp. They lasy forever - well almost, in an airtight container and the dogs love 'em.

I make a huge batch at a time and freeze the softer cake and store the hard treats in a tin. I don't have to make it very oftne this way so don't have the family complaining of the smell!! ::)                    
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline Eljay

• Site Member
Liver treats
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2003, 09:27:02 PM »
Hi All,
Would love to have the recipe for liver cake !!!! I have been cooking small bits of liver in the mic and then cutting those up for Alfie. He loves these. He only gets them when we go out on a walk and has learnt in double quick time that when I say 'Treat' he will get a small piece :D He's not so interested when I have dog chocs in my pocket.  ;D

Thanks.                    
Alfie, and Jay J. together over the Rainbow Bridge. Always in our hearts but dreadfully missed.

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
Liver treats
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2003, 09:32:47 PM »
here it is:-

8ozs Liver [preferably Lambs]
4ozs S/R Flour
2 Eggs 2 Cloves Garlic/ or 2 tsps garlic puree.

Put all the ingredients into a blender until the mixture is smooth, pink and runny [not too rigid a requirement if you prefer to make it a bit chunky' Pour into greased swiss roll type baking tin and place in the oven [Gas Mark 4] for around 30-40 minutes. Leave to cool and cut into bite size pieces.

Easy Peasy ;D oh and nearly forgot - a good strong air freshener ;D                    
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline Eljay

• Site Member
Liver treats
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2003, 07:16:27 PM »
:D
Thanks very much. Guess what I'll be doing this weekend??????? ;D ;D                    
Alfie, and Jay J. together over the Rainbow Bridge. Always in our hearts but dreadfully missed.

Offline Inca

• Site Member
Liver treats
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2003, 07:27:22 PM »
Rather you than me eljay ;D ;D                    
Sandra, John and Inca

Anonymous

Liver treats
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2003, 08:11:00 AM »
here it is:-

8ozs Liver [preferably Lambs]
4ozs S/R Flour
2 Eggs 2 Cloves Garlic/ or 2 tsps garlic puree.

Put all the ingredients into a blender until the mixture is smooth, pink and runny [not too rigid a requirement if you prefer to make it a bit chunky' Pour into greased swiss roll type baking tin and place in the oven [Gas Mark 4] for around 30-40 minutes. Leave to cool and cut into bite size pieces.

Easy Peasy ;D oh and nearly forgot - a good strong air freshener ;D

and strong stomach, its not nice believe me..  ;D                    

Sue H

Liver treats
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2003, 08:50:00 AM »
It sounds vile, but I might just give it a go if they love it as much as you all say :-  A little voice in the back of my mind is saying something about washing it down with a glass of Chianti   :o                    

Offline Jo W

• Site Member
Liver treats
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2003, 10:06:05 AM »
It sounds vile, but I might just give it a go if they love it as much as you all say :-  A little voice in the back of my mind is saying something about washing it down with a glass of Chianti   :o

Mmmm, maybe some fava beans too - in true Hannibal Lecter style (Silence of the Lambs fans will hopefully get that one)!