Author Topic: feeding my new cocker  (Read 5061 times)

Offline Sasha B

• Donator
Re: feeding my new cocker
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2013, 04:22:44 PM »
I have two dogs and I have to say that finding the right food for them was the hardest part. I thought it would be making sure they get enough exercise or training. But no it was the food. I have one that finds it hard to keep the weight on and one that can't keep it off!

It has taken me three years to find one that they both like and both do well on. I use Simpsons 80/20 fish based kibble. I think it is very similar to Eden and gets good reports on which dog food. They do get treats for training and a pizzle stick at night to keep the teeth clean. Both are healthy and happy. I put salmon oil on their breakfast and that is all.

But really what I wanted to say is that although it took me some time to get here I did. I did try and not change the food to often so they did not become picky eaters (although they are so greedy I'm sure they would eat an old boot if I put one down to them). I didn't rush to change them off the breeders food just took my time and kept am eye on how they were doing. I think they couldn't have cared less, and actually did ok on almost everything I fed them (maybe just a few more or less poos). They were just happy to be fed and cared for so the only one bothered was me coz just like you I wanted the best for them.

Good luck I think as you are putting so much thought into this it highly unlikely that you will choose anything but a good quality product, will be just down to whether it suits you new pup.

Looking forward to seeing the piccies though!

Karen