Author Topic: roast Chestnut shells  (Read 418 times)

Offline arrabella

roast Chestnut shells
« on: December 06, 2014, 08:07:41 AM »
at a Victorian evening last night, unknown to us Cosmo must have found - and snaffled very quickly, either a whole roast chestnut or some shells. he was sick early this morning, but was still retching a bit shortly afterwards but didn't bring any more up, Does anyone know if  the shells, if he still has some inside or the chestnuts are dangerous for him?  :huh: I really wish people wouldn't just throw things on the ground!  >:(

Offline Joules

• Administrator
Re: roast Chestnut shells
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 08:15:11 AM »
As far as I know chestnuts are not a problem for dogs but conkers are.   ;)

Hopefully he will have realised that the shells are not that nice and leave them alone in future  :-\
Julie and Watson

Offline arrabella

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 08:55:38 AM »
Thankyou Joules, it is the sharpness of the shells that I am worried  about. He's eaten his breakfast with his usual enthusiasm and didn't try to eat the grass which he usually does if he has an upset tum, so I'm hoping he's ok. I will keep an eye on him  though :shades:

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 09:09:04 AM »
Yes, the shells might be a bit scratchy and make his throat sore, but hopefully he has puked them all up.  :-\  You could give him a bit of soft bread or something to smooth anything that is left, I wouldn't worry too much about it, sure he is fine  ;)
Julie and Watson