Author Topic: Weight  (Read 1050 times)

Offline AndyB

• Donator
Weight
« on: April 28, 2021, 04:41:19 PM »
Can any of you with a female Show Cocker, who has not been spayed, advise how much your dog weighs please.  I took Maisie to the vet last week for her vaccinations and consider myself slightly told off.  I know she has put weight on since I got her, when she weighed 13.1 kgs and was rather skinny.  Maisie is a good size for a female, not a small cocker at all.  She does not particularly look overweight but I am entirely happy to try and slim her down a bit because I know I have spoiled her a little, too many treats, because she did have a rough start to her little life.  (That's my excuse).  The difficulty I have is that because Maisie is deaf she cannot have off lead exercise.  She does have plenty of mad zoomies round my garden, which is pretty large, but I  realise that isn't the same as being off lead on a good walk.

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
Re: Weight
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2021, 06:28:13 PM »
My Olive is 16 Kgs. Not fat at all.
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010

Offline AndyB

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2021, 07:20:17 AM »
Thanks for your reply. Maisie weighed 16.1 kg.  I am cutting down her treats and she only has half a Bonio when I get up now instead of a whole one.  Her main meal is also being slightly reduced so I will take her back for a "weigh in" in one month.  I know she needs to lose a bit of weight but I don't want her to be skinny.   I will let you know whether she has lost some weight. 

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2021, 08:02:59 PM »
Daisy is not the busiest of girls and has OH trained to perfection, so weight can be a bit of a battle.  I bulk her dinner up with veg, she loves just about anything.  I cook extra when doing for us so it's handy.