Author Topic: Leg licking  (Read 2433 times)

Offline Lobo do Mar

• Donator
Leg licking
« on: July 14, 2021, 10:13:31 AM »
So....
Salty's latest 'idiosyncrasy' is licking my legs

Now its warm here its shorts all the time, and he is constantly licking my legs when I am trying to work at the computer or sit down anywhere

I tried spraying citronella insect repellent on my legs, which for a second or two made him screw up his face and retire to lick his chops, but then he was back to lick it all off again. Dumb mutt  :lol:

I think its a combination of:

- Love
- Attention seeking (he stops if I stroke him)
- Salt
- insect bites tasting good (weren't dogs used historically to heal wounds?)

But I just wonder how I can stop him?

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: Leg licking
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2021, 10:53:29 AM »
Humphrey always does it when I‘ve just had a shower/bath and have pampered myself with lotion, - my luxuriously soft smooth sweet smelling skin quickly becomes sticky and smelling of either tripe, cow dung or whatever disgusting thing he‘s just found!!  :lol:
All my dogs have had a bit of a fetish for feet - particularly OH‘s, the sweatier and smellier apparently the better! ......
As to how you can stop him? - I can only suggest socks!! (if you have any left, that is  :rofl1: ),

Offline Lobo do Mar

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2021, 04:50:22 PM »
Humphrey always does it when I‘ve just had a shower/bath and have pampered myself with lotion, - my luxuriously soft smooth sweet smelling skin quickly becomes sticky and smelling of either tripe, cow dung or whatever disgusting thing he‘s just found!!  :lol:
All my dogs have had a bit of a fetish for feet - particularly OH‘s, the sweatier and smellier apparently the better! ......
As to how you can stop him? - I can only suggest socks!! (if you have any left, that is  :rofl1: ),

Socks - hahaha!
I bet my Luso-Britanic daughter would be even more proud of her English Dad's fashion 'sense' if I wore socks with my Crocks

Suncream is another problem, he licks it all off

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2021, 07:45:12 PM »
Gemma is a nightmare leg licker. She starts off gently licking then gets faster and faster then starts humping my poor leg. Weido spanner :luv:
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Lobo do Mar

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2021, 09:01:07 PM »
Gemma is a nightmare leg licker. She starts off gently licking then gets faster and faster then starts humping my poor leg. Weido spanner :luv:

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Offline ips

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2021, 08:26:58 PM »

Ours does this to Lynn but never does it to me, I have no idea why
Muddling along in the hope that one day it all makes sense.

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2021, 09:41:17 PM »

hairy legs maybe??   :005:

Offline theshrew

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2021, 03:00:47 AM »

hairy legs maybe??   :005:

Top notch banter  :005:

Offline theshrew

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2021, 03:21:17 AM »
Ill give you my very un scientific view on this.

Its Salt.

I used to go the gym a lot but the last 18 months or do have really been made to just run outside for obvious reasons. The Covids not done me so well TBF Bacon in the fridge you get the score  :luv:

Eating salty foods make your body hold more water, ive found when you do sweat i don't as much as i would not eating the salt but it tastes like salt. The hounds are lapping it up when i get home.

Offline Lobo do Mar

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2021, 10:57:18 AM »
Its definitely attention seeking with Salty - He stops as soon as I stroke him, but I am sure he loves the salt as its hot here and sweating is the norm for Scottish-gened Englishmen
I have got so used to it that my wife often comes in and asks if it doesn't bother me that he is licking my legs away, and I haven't even noticed he is doing it.

Offline Lobo do Mar

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2021, 09:52:09 AM »
I have decided to change tack, and am currently training Salty to only lick my feet, which is more pleasant (for me at least).

I am also pondering taking him to bourgeois bohemian ('Bobo' as the French say) fairs as the latest version of the Garra rufa fish pedicure

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2021, 06:45:05 PM »
I have the perfect if selfish answer to this, always wear trousers or leg and foot coverings - can't stand my skin being licked, so I avoid it  ;) :020:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.